Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ARod Cards

Wonder how much lower the value Arod cards will go after the news today. Or maybe nobody cares and they will just stay where they are.

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Waiting to see what other names pop out of this investigation. I doubt it surprises many that A-Rod was using PEDs.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Zero difference
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what gets me, why is baseball singled out for this? I would guess that nearly 3/4ths of the NFL and maybe even college football take some type of supplements, legal and illegal. How about Lebron, anyone think it's possible he could be doing something? How about Dwight Howard and many other NBA players? How Tiger and Phil? I feel relatively confident that PED's are used at just about every level of sports competition and by many sports.

So why is everyone so concerned about baseball? To me this is the one sport that taking PED's may help you the least, because it's not about brute strength, it's more about skill. If the size and strength are the main reasons why Bonds and ARod, etc hit so many HR's, why doesn't a major league team just hire the Olympic weightlifting squad and let them play next season?

Think about this, in the early 70's Arnold won Mr. Universe(many times). He admitted to taking steriods(which was obvious). This was routine in his sport even then. Based on that info, I would guess major sports players have been using PED's since then, at least.image
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's what gets me, why is baseball singled out for this? I would guess that nearly 3/4ths of the NFL and maybe even college football take some type of supplements, legal and illegal. How about Lebron, anyone think it's possible he could be doing something? How about Dwight Howard and many other NBA players? How Tiger and Phil? I feel relatively confident that PED's are used at just about every level of sports competition and by many sports.

So why is everyone so concerned about baseball? To me this is the one sport that taking PED's may help you the least, because it's not about brute strength, it's more about skill. If the size and strength are the main reasons why Bonds and ARod, etc hit so many HR's, why doesn't a major league team just hire the Olympic weightlifting squad and let them play next season?

Think about this, in the early 70's Arnold won Mr. Universe(many times). He admitted to taking steriods(which was obvious). This was routine in his sport even then. Based on that info, I would guess major sports players have been using PED's since then, at least.image >>

Sure you need the skill and it is not all strength in baseball. It is all about the recovery time. These guys are tired day after day of travel, training, playing etc. If you can train each day and never get tired your numbers are going to stay constant. Greenie anyone?
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's what gets me, why is baseball singled out for this? I would guess that nearly 3/4ths of the NFL and maybe even college football take some type of supplements, legal and illegal. How about Lebron, anyone think it's possible he could be doing something? How about Dwight Howard and many other NBA players? How Tiger and Phil? I feel relatively confident that PED's are used at just about every level of sports competition and by many sports.

Think about this, in the early 70's Arnold won Mr. Universe(many times). He admitted to taking steriods(which was obvious). This was routine in his sport even then. Based on that info, I would guess major sports players have been using PED's since then, at least.image >>

Baseball takes the brunt of the PED stigma because of direct influence on the game. The HR inflation attracted a lot of attention and that can be tied directly to the widespread riod use. I'm sure other sports have PED issues, but none are as obvious as in baseball (except maybe Lance Liar Armstrong). If a O-lineman or a LB takes HGH, no one is really going to notice it in the game.
    Mike
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    His stuff has been dead-in-the-water for years now. I honestly don't think it could get any worse.
  • Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    RIght now I am reading a book on Johnny Unitas and most of the 70's Chargers including Lance Alworth were taking steriods (the little pink pills). Unitas didn't take them. I am sick and tired of hearing about this. Unfortunately, there have always been athletes trying to get an edge. It will never change.