Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

February Specials

Does anyone know what the February grading specials will be?

Comments

• Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes they will post the next month's specials a day or two early on the PSA facebook page. Nothing there right now.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Here are the February Collector’s Club Specials:

#1: $6.50 per card, 10 card minimum, with declared values under $100 per card, 30 day turnaround, 1956-Present (Regular, Tallboys, Thicker/Patch cards are permitted; however Supersized, T3s, Coins/Pins and Autographed cards are excluded)

#2: $8.00 per card, 10 card minimum, with declared values under $100 per card, 20 day turnaround, Pre 1955 (Regular, Tallboys, Thicker/Patch cards are permitted; however Supersized, T3s, Coins/Pins and Autographed cards are excluded)

#3 Review Special: $10.00 per card, No minimum quantity required, with declared values under $250 per card, 20 day turnaround. (Regular, Tallboys, Thicker/Patch, Coins/Pins and Autographed cards are permitted; however Supersized cards and T3s are excluded)

Set-Registry Special: $20.00 per card, No minimum quantity required, with declared values under $500 per card, 5 day turnaround (Regular, Tallboys, Thicker/Patch, Coins/Pins and Supersized cards are permitted; however T3s and Autographed cards are excluded)

DNA Special: 50% off any single-signed Entertainment autograph regularly $49 or less.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    WOW
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if I will ever be sending anything else in again.
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    Did you guys notice special #1 went up .50 per card but dropped 3 weeks off the turn around time. Thirty days instead of 45.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    Yuck! Those are ugly. Guess I'll just stock pile until a better one comes along.
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure if I will ever be sending anything else in again. >>

+1. Guess I will be letting my PSA membership lapse in May. This is ridiculous.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did you guys notice special #1 went up .50 per card but dropped 3 weeks off the turn around time. Thirty days instead of 45. >>

Yes. But, this seems like "fluff" based on how long it takes to have your submission logged.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    I agree its a "warm feel good feeling" they are throwing out there, nothing more.
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Not sure if I will ever be sending anything else in again. >>

+1. Guess I will be letting my PSA membership lapse in May. This is ridiculous. >>

+1. Albeit, my membership lapsed in November... so this just means another month will go by without reason to renew!

4SC has to be loving this though. Back in the day of $4-5 specials, it was a 50/50 proposition to self grade modern (and compete in the PSA Set Registry). With the recent UPS rate increase, already high combined eBay & Paypal fees... and now these recent "specials"... The typcial $10-15 ebay selling non-rookie modern PSA 10 is a losing proposition, or break even at best!

Sports is a game of inches. Now sports collecting, with respect to modern PSA collecting, is literally inches away from being that the only economical route to travel is to only buy from 4SC and other mass submitters who pay significant less for their bulk submissions.

Well, mabye next month... well, technically March (fingers crossed)!!!
  • Options
    Does anyone have any idea how many cards 4SC sends in monthly and what they are paying?
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    you can't afford to "miss" on these.. on the cheaper specials I would throw it up against the wall see if I could pull a 10 and break even on a 9
    I agree with the bulk submitters comment.
    I see loggage times and poppage times getting much better. Maybe that is the goal? to get caught up and have better customer
    service until are staffed to handle a higher volume. Hope so, I have to wait til March though.
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    My most recent submission was again a disaster and I am clueless as to what they are looking for on a 10. I continue to lose quite a bit financially sending cards straight to PSA. I am also more than likely done submitting
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    At least you all got the thick card inclusion people have been begging for.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I don't think $6.50 for a 30 day Tall Boy is that bad.

Everything else is very passable.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree its a "warm feel good feeling" they are throwing out there, nothing more. >>

Bingo!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    Evening,

Wow and I thought $6 was rough.......................................

I'm an addict though, will still be doing two subs this month !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least there is no difference now with the Era of card! Plus I have a handfull of Tall Boys I've been waiting forever on!!

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    In the scheme of things, I am a small potatoes customer. I generally submit cards for both my personal collection and those for potential resale. Inasmuch as I do not have a stack of vintage star cards lying around, I really need to hit 9 or 10s on my submissions to make it a go. It is a tight squeeze for me and at $6.50 a card, I personally don't have an incentive to send anything in. That is, however, just me. I have my fingers crossed that a $5.00 special will pop again. If it does, I have around 75 cards to send off. Again, not a lot in the scheme of things but more money in the pocket of PSA if they will drop prices down. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge). image

Matt
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Wow. I have about 75 to 100 cards that will sit in thier Card Savers for a little longer than I thought they would. I do have a sub of PSA/DNA red flips that will go in shortly.
    I am still waiting on 5 subs to pop so I do have something to look forward to (hopefully!)
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    Looks like SGC for me! WOW great deals.
  • Options
    On a positive note these prices should really help clear up the back log and maybe orders will start being logged in on time and shipped back on time. Sure hope dealers like 4SC are getting increases as well.
  • Options
  • Options
    Not a great special by any means but at least the $6.50 special includes Tall Boys. I had been accumulating about 15 of them so this will allow me to clear the deck.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Best news is...it is STILL January!
  • Options
    How big does a card have to be to be considered supersized? I have some Gretzky cards that measure just under 3.5 inches by just under 5 inches. Is that considered supersized?
  • Options
    What are the January specials?
  • Options
    These are 1/2013 Specials

#1: $6.00 per card, 10 card minimum, with declared values under $100 per card, 45 day turnaround, 1956-Present (Regular Size Only) (No Tallboys, T3s, Supersized, thick/patch cards, coins/pins or autographed cards)

#2: $8.00 per card, 10 card minimum, with declared values under $100 per card, 20 day turnaround, Pre 1955 (Regular Size and Tallboy Only) (No T3s, Supersized, thick/patch cards, coins/pins or autographed cards)

#3 Autograph Trading Card Special (Any autographed licensed trading card, Red Flip) $15 per card, no minimum quantity, with declared values under $250 per card, 20 day turnaround (Regular, Tallboys, Thicker Memorabilia/Patch Cards are permitted; however Supersized and T-3’s are excluded)

Set Registry Special: $14 per card, no minimum quantity, with declared values under $500 per card, 10 day turnaround (Regular, Tallboys, Supersized cards, thicker/patch cards, coins/pins are permitted; however T3s and autograph cards are excluded)

DNA Special: 50% off any single-signed basketball autograph regularly $49 or less.

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Dumb question of the day. Why should there be two different prices for cards if both specials are cards under $100? Is there really a difference between a common '55 card and a common '56?
  • Options
    Tall boy question - Does anyone know if I can submit Hostess panels under this special?
  • Options

<< <i>Tall boy question - Does anyone know if I can submit Hostess panels under this special? >>

(from an old thread)

All are max measurements:

Standard - 2 11/16" x 3 13/16"
    Tall Boy - 3 1/2" x 5 1/ 6"
    Supersized (Ticket) - 3 5/8" x 7 1/2"
    Supersized (Check) - 4 1/4" x 10"
    T-3 Holder - 5 3/4" x 8"
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    No hostess panels are to big.
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Doug,
    Hello. Your question leads to a ton of questions that I have about PSA.

Are there different graders for different eras?

Do more than 1 grader look at the cards? ....this will never be 100% answered.

What's the difference between 1953 and 1956 and 1954 Bowman...etc?

Why are reviews full price? At least knock off the reholder $5 fee when it doesn't bump on $10 or more service.

Mickey71
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    I think its about time someone gets motivated and puts together a massive group sub again.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    I get that it kind of sucks that the specials have gone up somewhat significantly over the past few months (I like a few others submit a lot of shiny stuff which was already tough enough to break even on), but it's still way cheaper than BGS.

It seems the cheapest you can get a card graded by them is $8 a card, and that's only if you submit 100 or more. If you submit 10 to BGS, the minimum for the PSA special, it's $11 a card!

Even with the PSA subscription fee you still make out (heh heh) better with PSA.

Basically you get the number one grader grading your cards for less money than anyone else. That's pretty cool.

Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    I submitted to Beckett once a few years ago before I joined PSA. They now phone me once a month to offer me prices that are better than this month's PSA special prices.
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Really?!? I take it all back.

But seriously, what price are they offering you?
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options

<< <i>I submitted to Beckett once a few years ago before I joined PSA. They now phone me once a month to offer me prices that are better than this month's PSA special prices. >>

That's what companies do when they are inferior to their competitors.
  • Options
    Between 5 and 6 bucks per card. I'm not sure if there are any specific criteria as to which cards as I really don't have any interest in submitting to them.
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    I have an email offer from BGS for 20 day service, 10 card minimum, and if I send in 10 cards it'll be $8.70 each. They also call me every month with new specials, even though I don't ever remember signing up for phone contact.

I couldn't seem to find any monthly specials listed on their website. The email said the Feb. prices would be increased and higher.

I will get another small sub together and out tomorrow under the January PSA special.

<< <i>I get that it kind of sucks that the specials have gone up somewhat significantly over the past few months (I like a few others submit a lot of shiny stuff which was already tough enough to break even on), but it's still way cheaper than BGS.

It seems the cheapest you can get a card graded by them is $8 a card, and that's only if you submit 100 or more. If you submit 10 to BGS, the minimum for the PSA special, it's $11 a card!

Even with the PSA subscription fee you still make out (heh heh) better with PSA.

Basically you get the number one grader grading your cards for less money than anyone else. That's pretty cool. >>

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

My last submission was 2 years ago (as a member) when i bought my first home and then i let it lapse for most of the reasons on this thread . Apparently PSA did not miss my money coming in. The website is still here, they are still grading at an insane pace, AND they freely took my money again. Re-joined..i have no idea why!! Except i will use Neil's words....I'M addicted to cards. Example...(2) of the (5) 1932 Caramel U.S. Presidents George Washington PSA 8'S were submitted by me.
    Won't find this in the PSA Price guide... but i sold one of those privately for 1XXX.00 PSA has it listed for $415 and no mention of private sales.

That's why PSA. I have a 32' Caramel US President Harrison most likely coming back an 8. Here we go again!!image
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    I read a lot of people complaining about times needed to get cards graded...so it's obvious PSA is overloaded with submissions. Why is anyone surprised they're not offering a deal that is gonig to get a ton of people to submit cards?

Once their workload eases up, they'll roll out a special to get people lining up to sub again.
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Or you guys could just send your cards to Bgs.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    got me off my butt, I sent in 13 duds
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had my wife package up a 30 card sub while I was at work and take it to the PO this afternoon as well.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Sent in 39 cards yesterday. Logged today image
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>Had my wife package up a 30 card sub while I was at work and take it to the PO this afternoon as well. >>

This just make me smile.

AWESOME!!!

.............still waiting.
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Packaged up a couple subs last nite and shipped out today..... 130 cards!!! image
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Had my wife package up a 30 card sub while I was at work and take it to the PO this afternoon as well. >>

Wow, very impressive grote. That's just the way you roll? image
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    When they say no autos does that mean no authentication of autos? Can I have cards like Contender RC's that have autos graded or SPX Auto rc's graded?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Wow, very impressive grote. That's just the way you roll? image >>

LOL, it was either enlist her today or pay an extra 50 cents a card starting tommorow!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.