Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Check out the Centering on this 1961 Jim Gentile!

Anyone who collects this set knows how tough this card is in high grade. Most 8s are marginally centered within the outer guideline. This card is nearly perfectly centered. I'm going to try to get it into an 8 holder but I think it has too much PD and the scratches may also hold it back. However, it's a phenomenal card and will be a nice filler in my set until I can find a decent 8. I'm not really keen on spending $350 for an 8 that is centered 70-30.

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Are most of these cards tilted too? Where's the PD? I see the scratches.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    beast of a card. super nice!!!
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats impressive. Great centering! I want to pick up a nice gentile soon. Ill probably look for a centered 5 or 6 though.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are most of these cards tilted too? Where's the PD? I see the scratches. >>

Yes a lot of them are tilted as well. Usually they are centered very high or to the right. I've looked through historical VCP images and saw a few well centered 8s but most of them are very weak for the grade. The PD is mostly in the upper left in the background. The white spots are not supposed to be on the card.