Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Thought some of you might enjoy this

I have been writing this blog about the misadventures of a guy who lost his job and had to turn to buying/selling sportscards for a living since 2010. It's a bit racy at times, so if easily offended by language, this won't be for you. I have been meaning to post this here for a long time. Suggest starting at the beginning, but it's up to you. Enjoy.

The Card Shark

Comments

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Just read through the whole thing. Very entertaining.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    where have I seen Phillip Golden before? that name is familiar.......
  • great! glad you enjoyed.
  • Reading this now....very enjoyable.

• << <i>where have I seen Phillip Golden before? that name is familiar....... >>

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=710808
  • SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Great read! Thank you for sharing!
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That thread is a hoot. Lots of luminaries!

I miss Storm.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Yes i remember that painfully. People just came out of the woodwork to kill me (and some to stand up for me since the hater types were just being jerky about something had probably done themseves in a moment of stupidity like mine). took my lumps. learned my lesson. for the record, have 99.9% positive at feebay with 6k positives. u can check me out la_cards.
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice read, Phil. Cant believe that guy is sitting on that action comics #1. Wpw..
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 924 ✭✭✭
    This is a lot of fun to read, thanks for the link. It was a great way to enjoy my lunch hour!

Maybe you talk about it further later on, but what type of bands did you play in?
  • Rock. Still play once/week with a trio here in L.A. too old to carry on with the rockstar dream (44 with 2 kids). Glad you enjoyed.
  • totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 924 ✭✭✭
    I hear ya, I toured the country 6 or 7 times in punk bands, but now that I'm 34, married and have a career (no kids yet), my touring days are pretty much over. Not playing in a band for a few years (I am now), got me back into collecting, and have tinkered with the idea of doing something similar to what you have going. Maybe I should reconsider, ha image

-Corey
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought the first story was rather sad. There was a short story I read in high school and still remember the 25 cent word that was the take home message - "parsimony" - kinda like a miser.

And to the guys reliving their moments - me too! Played in bands for 30 years.

We used to have some "invasion band" guys here years ago.
    Mike
  • definitely sad. best to start at the beginning and work your way forward.