Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Panini Super Bowl promotion

Panini has just put up a while-supplies-last promotion for sales of their 2012 football boxes from them online - with each one you buy at a cost of $60 or over, you get a free Super Bowl XLVII Black Box, which contains a special autographed card - none are numbered to more than 25, and all are either Super Bowl heroes or this season's top rookies (and the rookies are auto'ed jersey cards).

Panini Super Bowl XLVII Black Box promotion

By my count, 524 total boxes were produced, and 165 of those feature autographs of HOFers (and by the time of the Super Bowl, Reed and Strahan might well be HOFers too), not counting the autographs of Favre, Brees, Peyton Manning, etc.

If you were considering buying any 2012 Panini football products, this looks like an excellent deal - especially as they have free ground shipping. I'd guess that most of the cards you could get will have market value of $15-20 or more.

Nick
Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.

Comments

• shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    I guess the new prizm won't be included in this? What's the best boxes they have available?
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Cheapest boxes left are ~$100.00 and above.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    what a way to screw hobby dealers.

• << <i>what a way to screw hobby dealers. >>

But the MAPP program makes it all even outimage
  • TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>what a way to screw hobby dealers. >>

But the MAPP program makes it all even outimage >>

They dropped MAPP last week.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cheapest boxes left are ~$100.00 and above. >>

there's now a 2012 Prestige Retail box for $72 incl free shipping...with that random free box, seems like a pretty good deal.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I got my box (Rookies & Stars hobby box) today - my Black Box promo card was Jerome Bettis auto 18/25. Not too shabby - quite likely future HOFer, who had a Super Bowl win with a very popular team. Plus, I didn't have any of his autos yet.

I busted the R&S box too - 4 guaranteed auto &/or memorabilia hits, with at least 2 autos.

1 rookie per pack, plus inserts. My best rookie was probably Luke Kuechly. Inserts & parallels fell almost 1/pack, though the NFL team pennants are a total waste. 1 #/d parallel - Tebow Longevity (#/249), and 1 #/d insert (Cameron Wake Greatest Hits gold #/100)

My hits were

Michael Floyd Crusade event jersey (large swatch) #/99

Russell Wilson Crusade event jersey (large swatch) #/99 image

Doug Martin Crusade auto #/149 image

and that was it. No 4th hit. image

I've already sent Panini a message.

Anyone else get any of the Super Bowl Black Boxes?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Finally got my package in today. Pulled a nice Steve Young numbered 1 of 5! Can't believe how well all of the autos from this promotion are selling on ebay. I'll be listing mine for sure.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Sweet hit. A Favre /3 sold for $400, so I'd guess your Young would bring at least $300ish. image

I can't believe the prices people are paying on some of these. A Bettis #/25 sold for a BO of $116. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• I got mine in today as well- I pulled an Eddie George #/25 which I got with a box of 2012 Panini Elite. I was pretty happy with the card I got.

The Black Box auto cards from the set seem to be selling well, though because of Ebay's horrible new policy of not showing accepted best offers I have no clue what the two George's so far sold for.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>The Black Box auto cards from the set seem to be selling well, though because of Ebay's horrible new policy of not showing accepted best offers I have no clue what the two George's so far sold for. >>

Just go to the Internet address and change the .com to .ca
    You will get your answer

EDITED TO ADD: The one with the $300.00 B/O sold for $100.00. The $135.00 B/O sold for $85.00.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • I got mine today along with a box of Prominence. Nothing good in the regular box but the SB Black Box yielded a Terrell Davis auto #/25. While not a HOFer (yet), I was still very pleased with the freebie. At least I avoided the Blackmon, Tannehill and Weeden cards.
  • thanks Dboneesq, I did not know you get the info that way (and now I am definitely glad that I pulled the Eddie George auto)
  • AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Here's some pics of the Young.

It came in a nice box.

Inside the box was the single card.

• mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    woah, coming to this thread after a long time. randomly found the panini box I ordered (completely forgot about it), opened the super bowl box, and got a jerry rice 4/5. looks pretty similar to the young. I'm thinking that's a pretty solid pull?