Home Precious Metals
Options

Foreign silver stacking

I have some question regarding foreign silver and would like to here from some of you who buy silver regularly. My first question would be does anybody buy it and if so do they stick with coins with high silver contents. Now regarding pricing as with 40% halves and other low silver coins what percentage would be fair to pay off melt. As an example I have been offered some Mexican Peso that are .10 in silver and are worth 1.60 in silver. These coins I doubt anyone would be interested in but I may be wrong. It appears many coins I see have many different percentages of silver with varying weights of the coins. So do I buy foreign silver coins if the deal is strong my way or save the money and buy known coins. thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya Mexico tends to be all over the scale in silver %'s, I don't mind Mexican Silver
    at all and in some cases I prefur it, allthough I don't like to dip below .720 or so
    from any Country, But I have broken my own rules if I liked something and it was
    priced accordingley.

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

50% New Zealand silver is a favorite of mine. You can't go wrong buying that at spot but if you pay spot for 50% British or Canadian you will be buried in it.

10% mexican pesos actually sell pretty well on ebay in spite of the low purity. I'm not really sure why but they have a following.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 10% Mexican sells well. Just real cheap is all. About $1.50.

Not worth doing in my opinion.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com