Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Packs question

I have a $40 groupon to use at the shops at MLB.com and was wondering if there are any particular boxes i could get to rip that may contain an insert or auto, Or anything actually. It can be more than the $40 i have to use. I'm totally clueless on what to get since its been 20 years since I bought a pack of cards, besides the stupid wal mart box the other day. If anyone cares to look and send me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. Here is a link to what cards they have

Linky

Thanks!
Pete
.Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY

Comments

• Options
    I'm thinking 2011 bowman draft picks and prospects? Or try the 2011 bowman sterling box
  • Options
    I notice they have 2010, 2011, and 2012 topps chrome boxes. Those are all normally fun to break. Chance for auto, refractor autos, etc.
    The 2011 values packs (comes with 4 packs for 9.99) have 3 retail packs and one orange refractor pack so they are also a fun rip.
    I was lucky enough to pull a base auto of Strasburg from 2010 chrome value packs but keep in mind odds are against you for big pulls.
    Some of the rookies from these years are:
    2010 - Strasburg, Starlin Castro, Buster Posey, Mike (Giancarlo) Stanton, Jason Heyward, Carlos Santana
    2011 - Eric Hosmer, Mark Trumbo, Chris Sale, Craig Kimbrel, Brandon Beachy, Freddie Freeman
    2012 - Bryce Harper, Yoenis Cespedes, Yu Darvish, Brett Lawrie

My preference would be either 2010 or 2012 since you have shot at some big name young players. You may want to research warpage with 2010 topps chrome cards to see if that effects your decision. A ton of the 2010 chrome cards have a serious curve to them straight out of the pack!

Good luck and main thing is have fun whichever you chose!

Brian
  • Options
    Cool thanks for the input. Whichever I do decide I'll rip them right here and post pics of it