Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Would you take a chance with a 14 day return policy

If you could get a good deal off Ebay and the seller had 100% feedback and offered 14 days guarantee, is there any real risk? Assuming the card was worthy of express level grading and you would know if it was legit in a week or so, i think you would be covered. Any opinions, experiences welcome, Tom

Comments

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the seller puts down for a return policy is pointless. Ebay will allow you to return any item for a refund, even after the 45-day Paypal time period.
  • would really be cautious of that because say for instance someone purchases a bvg card and wants to get it crossed to psa, if it doesn't cross and its within the 14 days they'll want a refund for it.

<< <i>

<< <i>Whatever the seller puts down for a return policy is pointless. Ebay will allow you to return any item for a refund, even after the 45-day Paypal time period. >>

This isn't true. If the buyer tries to return something that fails to meet the requirements on ebay for a return, in addition to the clearly indicated policy of the seller, then ebay may side with the seller.

In addition, if the buyer leaves negative feedback because of this, ebay may remove it on the behalf of the seller.

These kind of situations usually require a phone call to ebay, but it's not as black and white as some describe it. >>

Well, it happened to me, so I guess it's somewhat true. All a buyer has to do is claim inauthenticity (did I just make that word up?) and they get the refund.
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All it takes is one incompotent Paypal employee and you are screwed. I bought a $3000 card from a seller and he sent me a different card. The card he sent me was the same player just a much lower end card. The Paypal clown didn't get the difference and ruled against me. I had to pay an appraiser to write me a letter and file a complaint with my credit card company to get my money back.

There are no such things as free options.
    Mike
  • Buyers cannot force a return of any graded card. Ebay stands with the seller in all cases, with the exception of removing negative feedback.
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Buyers cannot force a return of any graded card. Ebay stands with the seller in all cases, with the exception of removing negative feedback. >>

I don't think the OP is talking about a graded card. I think we're getting side tracked.

If you see a high-end card that ISN'T GRADED and it is a bargain, I say stay away. 99.9999999999999999232% of the time it's trimmed, not authentic or there is a small error. I recently bought a very nice '58 Aaron that I was hoping a 6 or a 7 when I purchased, when it arrived I saw it have a surface wrinkle on the back. These things happen.

So, no, there is little risk when buying a raw card off ebay (they are usually VERY good to buyers when there's a legitimate case), but it is rarely a risk worth taking.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
    All one has to do is claim unauthentic (NAD) and they'll get a refund. Happened to me (after the 45 day period, too) and is the reason I no longer shop on ebay.