Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Selling '68 FB Registry set - 8.25

I have started exploring some avenues to sell my '68 FB Registry Set (8.25 overall) but thought I would post here first. I am still crunching #s but on the chance someone might be interested to let me know. Currently, the set is #8 overall but has been much higher in the past. I was one of the first to ever complete that set in all 8's and 9's but haven't really touched it in several years so the ranking has dropped some. It is listed as Jack's 68 Football and has many HOFers in 9 and no card lower than an 8. NOTE - I have never resubmitted any since the 1/2 pt scale was introduced so if anyone has the interest (and money) to resubmit I have no doubt many of the 8's would be get bumped.

Thanks
JE

Comments

• Options
    and the Price is?
  • Options

<< <i>and the Price is? >>

As they say, if you must ask you can not afford it. image

Dave
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Dave >>

I am no longer interested in this set. Yankees101 you are a hell of a salesman.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    I guess you never heard that saying.

Just because their is a saying, doesn't mean you need to live by it.

Stick around a while you might learn a few things.

I have no interest in this set, as I've probably only heard of 5 players in the entire set.
  • Options
    BTW, he has no clue what he wants for it. But he did post it for sale. It's a start.

• Options

<< <i>I guess you never heard that saying.

Just because their is a saying, doesn't mean you need to live by it.

Stick around a while you might learn a few things.

I have no interest in this set, as I've probably only heard of 5 players in the entire set. >>

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

<< <i>BTW, he has no clue what he wants for it. But he did post it for sale. It's a start. >>

• Options

<< <i>

Dave >>

"they" be wrong
  • Options
    Just an FYI - VCP puts the set over $9K. Within the next couple weeks I will make my auction decisions so if anyone has enough interest to make a serious offer, feel free.

THX
  • Options

<< <i>Just an FYI - VCP puts the set over $9K. Within the next couple weeks I will make my auction decisions so if anyone has enough interest to make a serious offer, feel free.

THX >>

Thank you for the info. Someone earlier said if we had to ask we couldn't afford it, might be the dumbiest thing I have ever heard on a BST thread.

• Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    might be the dumbiest thing I have ever heard on a BST thread

Is that dumber than dumbest? image
  • Options

<< <i>might be the dumbiest thing I have ever heard on a BST thread

Is that dumber than dumbest? image >>

Touche on a typo and yes it's much worse to jump into a BST thread that isn't even yours and make stupid comments while we are trying to negoiate a large purchase.

• Options
    You have a forbidden word in your message post. Please click the back button in your browser and remove this word from your post. The words that are forbidden are highlighted for you.

Pinkcatfish, Consider me out, I had been looking into buying that set for over a year now but all the thread crappers have turned me off. Call me thin skinned, a bish, etc... but I have lost interest.

• Options
    Cakes,

Don't get frustrated by the mentality of this board. It is well known for idiots with nothing
    better to do than make senseless comments in threads.

Don't get caught up in the pointless back and forth with these dolts.

Yes it is a shame, but thats just the way the world is nowdays.

If you have interest in the set I would just PM the seller and eliminate the board riff raff from the equation.

I will be building the set raw, Likely breaking some slabbed cards in the process.

Hang in there!
  • Options
    I appreciate it CC and I generally don't mind when people get a little crazy in normal threads but I draw the line when it's in someone's BST thread. I guess I need to just relax some and realize that's the way this world is becoming, I mean hell if a politician can boo the President during a speech then I guess they can crap on someone's BST thread.

I am over it now but I do appreciate the support, oh well I will get back to trying to complete my 86 Fleer basketball set and put this one on the backburner, besides I am much closer to finishing my 86 set then I was the 68 FB set.

Pink thanks for listing a starting price.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Its a great set. Many collect it.

If it doesn't sell as a whole seller can break up and offer individual cards

The last message by the moderator was pretty clear on posting rules.
    No warning.....goodbye
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    Well at least the thread is staying active.... Yes, should the set not sell as a whole after a period of time after listing, break up would be next step. Right now leaning toward Probstein.

THX
  • Options
    I have had a few inquiries about individual cards ( ie breaking up the set rather than try to sell complete) so I wanted to get a sense of any additional interest for individual cards from guys on the boards. Great set - all 8's and 9's

Thanks
    JE
  • Options
    All PM's returned - thanks
  • Options
    Set is for sale on Ebay - decided to sell on my own to allow some flexibility and to not wait for weeks or months.

BIN price is $9K

Thanks
    JE