Home Sports Talk

Eruzione selling USA/USSR jersey

jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
Link

If I had a spare $2 million sitting around, this is the collectible I'd want. I can't think of another piece that even comes close.

Comments

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Link

If I had a spare $2 million sitting around, this is the collectible I'd want. I can't think of another piece that even comes close. >>

You'd be bidding against me if I had the cash. I'd do my best to win his gold medal jersey, too. I'd pay $5m for both, no problem.

Tabe
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The estimate on the stick at 50K seems low. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • I think your point is well taken.

All it's going to take is a few guys with big bucks to send this baby through the roof.

Imagine if a few big spenders get involved. I believe this jersey can anywhere from 1 million to 10 million.
    It just depends who gets involved.
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The estimate on the stick at 50K seems low. MJ >>

I was thinking the same thing about the stick. I also thought the $200k estimate on the blue jersey was too high. Who would pay that for the jersey worn in the Finland match?
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • That is so unique and so special in our country's history I would pay $5m if I had it.
  • ExodusExodus Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    The Eruzione jersey has to be compared to Neal Armstrong's suit he wore on the moon.
    Maybe I'm going a little over board, but I believe that Eruzione's jersey will take out Paul Henderson's 72 Canada Cup jersey price.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing actually-----

The winning bid for the "Miracle" jersey was $550,000. Tacking on a buyer's premium, the final total was $657,250. The stick finished at $262,900 (including buyer's premium). Eruzione's jersey worn against Finland in the final game sold for $286,800.

I believe Paul Henderson's Jersey sold for 1.2 million

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Ya, I really thought the jersey would go for more. I wonder if the bidding was held back by the quantity of items available? If the stick or gold medal game jersey weren't available as "consolation prizes", would the jersey have went for more?