Home Metal Detecting
Options

White's M6 good enough?

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
I've been looking at the White's range of detectors because thats what they have at the local store which is a good shop so I'll likely buy there.

Originally looking at the better MxPro or Vi3 lines for $850 and $1050 prices, but maybe the M6 at $650 is better for me.

Question:
Is the M6 model receiver less sensitive then the others or about the same? Is it just better options and functionality on the higher priced units?
COA

Comments

• Options
    I use the M6. Great machine and is a coin hog. Probably one of the most accurate ID machines I've ever used. Of course the ID and VDI numbers drop off with depth and it is a deep machine. I often use it in the tone ID mode as I tend to rely on my ears more than looking at the screen. It essentially is a simplified MXT Pro which was one of Whites best detectors. There are two things I look for in a detector, simplicity and performance. The M6 offers both. It has a very short learning curve compared to the V series and the MXT, again simplicity. Any of those will make a great detector. Good luck in your decision!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I have the v3i with wireless headphones and I LOVE it. I had 2 other machines before it and once I used the v3i and got it down I felt as if I was missing relics and sites I hunted long ago!!!

Is the v3i brand new?I got mine from a friend who owns a MD store for 50.00 more and it came with the cordless headphones. If not try and get them to throw them in! Its great to go threw brush not ripping your head on when the cord gets cought in it,