Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: Autograph guys - Need help identifying sig

My message preview function isn't working so I hope this image shows up.

Can anyone help identify the signature on this ball?

Other signatures on the ball are all Reds players up through the early '90s. Thanks in advance for any insights you may have!

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    The first letter of the last name looks like either a "P" or an "R". I went thru the lifetime Reds Roster of all players whose last name began with those two letters and could not find a match. Sorry.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Gary Parchial, he is the nephew of a Red's Bat Boy's best friend--was visiting the clubhouse with his uncle and notoriously brought down the value of multiple signed balls that day. He has since been banned from the clubhouse due to complaints from several large autograph dealers who lost money on their investments.

Just kidding--someone here usually figures these things out eventually. There is a lot of knowledge on these boards. Also a lot of second rate comedians.image

I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭
    Dave Parker?
    "I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dave Parker? >>

def not The Cobra (though not sure who specifically)

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    TTT
  • Options
    BenOutbidBenOutbid Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Larry Rothschild was a coach for the Reds from about 90 to 93.
  • Options

<< <i>Larry Rothschild was a coach for the Reds from about 90 to 93. >>

These three are from eBay. They could be fake, who knows:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    Doug -

That ball you posted is Mickey Tettleton.

• Options

<< <i>Doug - That ball you posted is Mickey Tettleton. >>

Thanks! I thought it looked SO different than the cards, but that was the picture from an eBay auction! I guess I should have known better.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Dboneesq - I bet it is Rothschild. The era fits with all the other sigs on the ball. Thank you for taking time to research and post the pics!