Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just got an interesting question in my email

TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
Q: How many Morgan Dollars will you sell me for $1,000 ?

Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

Comments

  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭
    Should be able to get 28 avg circs.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on whether they want 1921's with holes or not, bent or not, gouged or not, with or without a layer of epoxy resin. image

    "Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.american-legacy-coins.com

  • Options
    #28 decent circ's delivered...
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • Options
    Reply: It depends.

    I think you mistook "interesting" for "banal."
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I answered this email simply as I could.
    "Dear Sir,

    One.

    Thank you. "

    He's already responded with " LOL, I mean how many can I buy for $1000.00 ? "

    My response is : " In some cases, we are talking tens of thousands of dollars for ONE Morgan Dollar, sir."

    This is paraphrased for keeping it simple. I think he's enjoying the back and forth image

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the follow up call ended up being,
    " I found a deal on CRAIGSLIST and wanted to know if 30 for a grand was fair."
    What would you say ? I said what a few guys here said. "It depends".

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I hear Craigslist, I think of the movie Forrest Gump: "Run Forrest!" I would tell him to take a magnet and a scale to check each coin with.
    Thanksgiving 2026 National Battlefield Coin Show November 27 & 28, 2026 at the Eisenhower Hotel Ballroom, Gettysburg, PA. No Early Bird passes for this show. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At $1,000 each I'd say to bring a truck!
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file