Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do you like the Tone on this Jefferson?

Comments

  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    Obverse - ok; Reverse - no
  • Options
    stealerstealer Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but it looks like the result of baking or some chemical application.
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 9,291 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Sorry, but it looks like the result of baking or some chemical application. >>



    I agree. Splotchy & dark, looks artificial to me


    edited to add... your photo's are very good however!
  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like an AT experiment/practice.
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    No
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Item set out at a 'Fire Sale' (slightly burnt)

    There are a jillion 64-D's out there, keep looking.

    Tremendous photo's A+
    Chat Board Lingo

    "Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obverse passable, but probably AT. Reverse will not win any numismatic beauty contests. image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,373 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Do you like the Tone on this Jefferson? >>

    Those colors would look good on a Mint State coin, but on a circ, they're indicative of a cleaned piece that has either picked up some secondary toning or been heat treated, as mentioned.

    Could be old album toning, though, I suppose. In fact, that would be my guess.

    It's not bad looking, but it's a circ '64-D. What am I missing, here? I would normally spend something like that.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Not a toned coin lover in general, and this is too much.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 8,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eh, not so much
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37,Waverly, justindan
  • Options
    BigDowgieBigDowgie Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭✭
    For me it is pretty tough to like toning on a circulated coin!
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭
    I removed the coin from the 2x2 to photograph it.

    If you look at the photo of the reverses, you will see 1992 and it is my hand writing. Which tells me that I put these coins in these 2x2's in 1992.

    All 4 coins have not been out of the holders until I took the one out for photos, they all have similar toning.


    So as far as the AT/NT debate your guess is as good as mine.....the only thing we do know is what ever caused the toning happened to all 4.


    image
    image
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭
    Nope.


    Mike
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, no.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.


    Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    Lehigh96Lehigh96 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭
    I find that Jefferson hideously ugly, sorry!
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://stores.ebay.com/Lehigh-Coins">LEHIGH COINS on E-Bay
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The toning is not to my liking. It has a very unnatural appearance.

    Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 1 coin. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the toning quite a bit actually, although the coin itself is banged up.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    No.
    Becky
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will simply say no since I can't find the Vomit icon.
  • This content has been removed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file