Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2012-W $50 Proof Buffalo Sold Out at U.S. Mint

ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
Considering the 2011-W only went off sale a few weeks ago, this was unexpected.

- Ian
Ian Russell
Owner/Founder GreatCollections
GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values

Comments

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like a 19-20K final mintage will come in. 2008 saw a mintage of 18,863 but I suspect most their nice premium ($4-5K for a proof 70) is because of the four coin proof set that was offered only that year.

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 388 ✭✭✭
    Seems like many of the 2012's are being sold out well in advance of historical practice. I wonder how long the Proof 4-coin Gold Eagle set will linger...................
  • Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Seems like many of the 2012's are being sold out well in advance of historical practice. I wonder how long the Proof 4-coin Gold Eagle set will linger................... >>



    Not very long is my guess. Even a 5 oz. ATB sold out in recent days.

    - Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 24,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like many of the 2012's are being sold out well in advance of historical practice. I wonder how long the Proof 4-coin Gold Eagle set will linger...................

    Yep, another data point is confirmed. This should bring into focus several of the remaining 2012 issues, and it should also make 2013 interesting as the year progresses.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

    I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,524 ✭✭✭✭
    I can see it now...............

    Top 101 Modern Coins!

    woo hoo!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.



    The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file