Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Shortage of silver for coinage.

TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

Comments

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they temporarily are out of silver eagles only due to high demand. Sales to resume soon as production catches up.

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    "Deja vu all over again."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,622 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>"Deja vu all over again." >>


    I don't think so. Last biggie was a planchet shortage. This one's a shortage of ability to foresee and plan for massive product demand. When the mint cancels its silver or gold sales of optional coins to divert supplies to mandated bullion coins then we will know they are preparing for a metal shortage.

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This won't be like 2009 where we won't get proofs, right ? There is a large sector of society driving the bullion vehicle. I was just curious if this might affect "mintage" of the proof ASE. When I read "deja vu", I immediately recalled ASE PROOF series being interrupted because of the same type of run on silver bullion coins. Is that possible, again ?

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I think playing it safe - i will be ordering 2013 ASE proofs DAY 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file