Home Precious Metals
Options

MJ, is this your listing?

derrybderryb Posts: 36,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow , I see Velcro sneakers all the time at walmart for $11.99 a pair I'll buy a pallet load and flip them on ebay image

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow , I see Velcro sneakers all the time at walmart for $11.99 a pair I'll buy a pallet load and flip them on ebay image >>

Guccis at Walmart?

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

well , not gucci , but if times are tough you could always substitute, kind of like buying dogfood instead of steak

The walmart china velcro slipper sneaker shoe is nowhere near as hideous either.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha! Nope

Ebay and i sort of have a mutual restraining order on each other. I hope they die. The company, not Mr and Mrs E Bay. I'm sure they are lovely.

I design women's shoes. The kind that you can't tell the front from the back and hurt like hell.

The salon brands that you see in Target, Walmart and Cosco are almost never the true first label. They are almost always licensed deals that are designed and manufactured exclusively for these chains at full margin. They are almost always a poor deal for the customer. People always are looking for something for nothing. The salon brands like Prada, Gucci, LV tend to put their mark downs in their own company outlet stores. Even then you have to be careful as they also design product especially for these stores. Regularly $499 now $129. The fact is the items are at almost full margin at $129. There is a big business making sale items intentionally. The best deals are at Nordstrom's half yearly and semi annual sales if you want quality. Also Nieman's, Saks and Bergdorf's have real sales at the end of the season. I've seen limos roll up at Berdorf's and ladies in stoles roll out only to be wrestling for a pair of Christian Louboutain lavender colored pumps marked down to $500 in size 8.5 ten minutes later. There will be blood.

TJ Maxx will often get a good salon offering if a brand craps the bed that season and can't liquidate the stuff themselves. You probably aren't a real brand unless you sell TJ's. Watching your stuff on a sale rack is humbling and keeps you grounded. I should have known that chartreuse neon boots with 300 two inch spikes sticking out randomly were probably not a good idea.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ha! Nope

Ebay and i sort of have a mutual restraining order on each other. I hope they die. The company, not Mr and Mrs E Bay. I'm sure they are lovely.

I design women's shoes. The kind that you can't tell the front from the back and hurt like hell.

The salon brands that you see in Target, Walmart and Cosco are almost never the true first label. They are almost always licensed deals that are designed and manufactured exclusively for these chains at full margin. They are almost always a poor deal for the customer. People always are looking for something for nothing. The salon brands like Prada, Gucci, LV tend to put their mark downs in their own company outlet stores. Even then you have to be careful as they also design product especially for these stores. Regularly $499 now $129. The fact is the items are at almost full margin at $129. There is a big business making sale items intentionally. The best deals are at Nordstrom's half yearly and semi annual sales if you want quality. Also Nieman's, Saks and Bergdorf's have real sales at the end of the season. I've seen limos roll up at Berdorf's and ladies in stoles roll out only to be wrestling for a pair of Christian Louboutain lavender colored pumps marked down to $500 in size 8.5 ten minutes later. There will be blood.

TJ Maxx will often get a good salon offering if a brand craps the bed that season and can't liquidate the stuff themselves. You probably aren't a real brand unless you sell TJ's. Watching your stuff on a sale rack is humbling and keeps you grounded. I should have known that chartreuse neon boots with 300 two inch spikes sticking out randomly were probably not a good idea.

MJ >>

What do you make in mens pimp footwear?
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent info, MJ!

I appreciate the tips as I lean towards Nordy's when the half-yearly strikes.

TJ's is a crazy world of "better be there at the right time", dude.

Senor and Senorita Ebayo will do fine without the two of us gringos.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ha! Nope

MJ >>

What do you make in mens pimp footwear? >>

I don't design men's shoes as guys generally buy one pair of shoes every three years and they don't do fashion. Besides I would be tempted to design things for myself which is a bobsled ride to hell. Truthfully I'm tempted to walk the earth barefoot like David Carradine in Kung Fu. I'm sick of the shoe business.

MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I should have known that chartreuse neon boots with 300 two inch spikes sticking out randomly were probably not a good idea.

MJ >>

Well, at least my wife likes them on me.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I don't design men's shoes as guys generally buy one pair of shoes every three years and they don't do fashion. Besides I would be tempted to design things for myself which is a bobsled ride to hell. Truthfully I'm tempted to walk the earth barefoot like David Carradine in Kung Fu. I'm sick of the shoe business.

MJ >>

Well that's too bad, always looking for fresh action. The wife gets jealous that I have more pairs than her, she got mad when I bought 4 pairs last month, ha!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The kind that you can't tell the front from the back and hurt like hell.

lol, oh - a niche market, the one that consists of 50.1% of the earth's population.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CRUEL SHOES by Steve Martin

Anna knew She had to have a new pair of shoes today, and Carlo had helped her try on every pair in the store. Carlo spoke wearily, "Well, that's it. That’s every pair of shoes in the place."
    "Oh, you must have one more pair. . . .”
    "No, not one more . . . . Well, we have the cruel shoes, but no one would want to try . . .
    “Yes, let me see the cruel shoes!"
    "No, you don't understand, you see, the cruel shoes are . . .'
    "Get them!"
    Carlo disappeared into the back room for a moment, and then reappeared carrying an ordi­nary shoebox. He took off the lid and re­moved a hideous pair of black and white pumps. But this was not an ordinary pair of black and white pumps; both were left feet, one had a right angle turn with sepa­rate compartments that pointed the toes in impossible directions. The other shoe was six inches long and was curved inward like a rocking chair with a vise and razor blades to hold the foot in place.
    Carlo spoke hesitantly, ". . . Now you see . . . they' re not fit for humans . . ." "Put them on me."
    "But... "Put them on me!"
    Carlo knew all arguments were useless. He knelt down before her and forced the feet into the shoes.
    The screams were incredible.
    Anna crawled over to the mirror and held her bloody feet up where she could see.
    "I like them."
    She paid Carlo and crawled out of the store into the street.
    Later that day, Carlo was overheard saying to a new customer, "Well, that's it. That’s every pair of shoes in the place. Unless, of course, you'd like to try the cruel shoes."

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    ok mj show me some of your shoes with a coin
    yours mostly and tell us the price of both
    i like gold coins mostly
  • Options
    Speaking of cruel shoes. This is what I have going through my small production area today. Wayne, this is as close as I come to precious metal on shoes. No old pour bars were hurt or injured making these. The irony this metal influence is a huge trend. I don't set the prices I'm just contracted for the designs. I'm guessing the first shoe will be around $300 and the last shoe around $200. The last picture is my pattern room where the prototypes are made. Shoe lab. MJ

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do weemen wear those things to attract men or ward off the competition?

Just wondering....... Those things gotta hurt like hell.image

+1 for Nordstoms, Allan Edmonds 50% off.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    looks great
    amazing