Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is the US Mint minting anything cool this year?

I looked at the release schedule, and it was filled with various NP quarters and Presidental dollars packaged in various ways, but I didn't see anything particularly neat, like a reverse proof item, or fractional buffalos, or a high-relief, etc. Seems like a boring year for the U.S. Mint.

Comments

  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭✭
    The West Point SAE set I think has a reverse proof in it, not sure what the other coin is however.....
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason, those Silver American Eagle Proof coins are cool. I've had a subscription for 4 and it's never enough for a small shop. I might have to order 5 times that amount this year. I don't know why they're cool, but American collectors love them. The sales tax pisses people off, but ... what can I do ? The margins are thin because the mint charges the premium. What makes this market float ? Some would say "suckers" but if suckers support the market and turn the wheels of commerce, this hobby should be elevated to the status of "THE HOBBY OF KINGS".

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be cool if they bring back the fractional gold buffaloes.

  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Palladium Eagles? . . . I wish ! ! !

    HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭


    << <i>It will be cool if they bring back the fractional gold buffaloes. >>



    I missed my chance for one of these last time.image
    Becky

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file