Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Did a search, but no luck...Jeff kent rookie?

What is THE Jeff Kent rookie to have? 1992 fleer update? Thanks in advance

Pete
.Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY

Comments

• Options
    There is also his Minor league RC which is 1989 PROCARDS ST CATHARINES BLUE JAYS A TORONTO BLUE JAYS JEFF KENT RC believe Carlos Delgado RC in it too!
  • Options
    Yes, 1992FU

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i sort of collect kent rookies also. i truly believe that the leaf black gold card is just as good as the fleer update. odds of getting one are about 1 per 7 or 8 boxes. they are not centered very well and the black borders chip very easily.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

<< <i>i sort of collect kent rookies also. i truly believe that the leaf black gold card is just as good as the fleer update. odds of getting one are about 1 per 7 or 8 boxes. they are not centered very well and the black borders chip very easily. >>

Most consider that to be an insert, not a RC. The "rules' were more clear cut back then (THANKS TOPPS!)
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    The Fleer Update is definitely the most graded...
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    that may be Jeff Kent's RC, but his mustache had previously appeared on several dozen VHS box covers
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>i sort of collect kent rookies also. i truly believe that the leaf black gold card is just as good as the fleer update. odds of getting one are about 1 per 7 or 8 boxes. they are not centered very well and the black borders chip very easily. >>

Most consider that to be an insert, not a RC. The "rules' were more clear cut back then (THANKS TOPPS!) >>

i think the scarcity of the leaf will eventually win out. the fleer will grade a 9 almost everytime.(out of the box) just my opinion.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    Fleer Update is his TRUE rookie card that collectors go for just like Bonds 87 Fleer.
  • Options
    Yes the fleer update is his true rookie card and very hard to find in a PSA 10
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    No love for the 1992 Score Traded????

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Not the most impressive of signatures....
  • Options
    As far as for the HOF registry, it is the Fleer Update. I have had an automatic search for that card in PSA 10 condition for about 1 year. You may see one come up once a month or less, and always sell high.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    When thinking about the Jeff Kent key rookie, just think "F U".
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    1991 Impel AA Pre-Rookie is a great card to have! I believe it is his first appearance on cardboard, but I could be wrong...(Same set as Thome)
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When thinking about the Jeff Kent key rookie, just think "F U". >>

image No doubt, the dude was a colossal jerk.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Here's mine. image It was an SGC 98, then I cracked it out and crossed it.

Speaking of the 1992 Leaf Black Gold card, I owned this for a month back in 2008. Still a "Pop 1."

• Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    I had the 1992 Fleer Update in a 10 and sold it for over 100.00 if I can remember.

Justin
  • Options

<< <i>I had the 1992 Fleer Update in a 10 and sold it for over 100.00 if I can remember. >>

That's around what they usually go for.

• Options
    I tried for over a year to get the one from digicat, but to no avail.

Finally after almost two years I was able to pick one up, but I did definitely pay over a $100.
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options

<< <i>I tried for over a year to get the one from digicat, but to no avail. >>

Sorry man. Seldom do I part with a key Giants rookie. image

• Options
    I know, I hounded you like a dog in heat. You were very nice and professional as you kept turning me away. LOL
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1991 Impel AA Pre-Rookie is a great card to have! I believe it is his first appearance on cardboard, but I could be wrong...(Same set as Thome) >>

there is one on ebay (Probstein) right now....PSA-9....havent seen one before...
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...