2»

Comments

• WELL SAID TNP777
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>WELL SAID TNP777 >>

WELL SAID OCTRADING image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would certainly agree that when carolj was here, there was certainly more clarity and transparency with regard to corporate presence on the message boards.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    +1
    TNP777
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Brett Butler.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    +1 Geordie

I had also started a thread asking for the new message board rules and it was deleted. Im not sure why. People have been banned for seemingly minor infractions and that is when I asked if we could all get some clarity. As another poster here suggested, why are there no forum rules...or should I say "new forum rules" posted? I think its only fair.

I agree with TNP777 that we should all have access to the moderators equally and those moderators should be clearly defined as well. Maybe that transparency (and Im not talking AH's here lol) would make this place an even playground and there are not members with favoritism. (yes, there are!)
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree with Brett Butler. >>

??

• +1
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>beckett offered me the same deal that joe is talking about with psa. for 500 or more cards it $9 to encapsulate and $2 not to. for orders under 500, it was $11 to encapsulate and $2 not to. i would assume that psa is somewhere in that neighborhood, maybe a little cheaper for someone like 4sc. >>

And this is what bothers me about the whole "minimum grade" option. Which do you think the grading company would rather have, the $9 or the $2?

<< <i>

<< <i>beckett offered me the same deal that joe is talking about with psa. for 500 or more cards it $9 to encapsulate and $2 not to. for orders under 500, it was $11 to encapsulate and $2 not to. i would assume that psa is somewhere in that neighborhood, maybe a little cheaper for someone like 4sc. >>

And this is what bothers me about the whole "minimum grade" option. Which do you think the grading company would rather have, the $9 or the $2? >>

$2 is purely time; $9 includes additional time and the labor and costs associated with the slab.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    TNP777 makes some excellent points, which I hope are addressed. After all, that would be *real* transparency.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Hey Joe Orlando I would gladly stick to your please contact us with questions before posting here rule if your staff ever answered questions. My last order had a card labeled wrong. Wrong year, wrong card company. I've sent in numerous emails asking what the procedure is to get this fixed. Mistakes happen and this mistake didn't upset me at all. Now once again your company's lack of customer service is upsetting me.
  • firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    +1 on customer service is way down. Ordered sub Formes on dec 1 and still have not received them. 3 emails sent too
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10

• << <i>Hey Joe Orlando I would gladly stick to your please contact us with questions before posting here rule if your staff ever answered questions. My last order had a card labeled wrong. Wrong year, wrong card company. I've sent in numerous emails asking what the procedure is to get this fixed. Mistakes happen and this mistake didn't upset me at all. Now once again your company's lack of customer service is upsetting me. >>

Have you guys tried calling PSA's customer service # for these kinds of questions? It's toll free and the longest I've ever had to wait on hold is 5 minutes. This is not like going to the DMV. If your order was mislabeled, you can send it back to PSA with the Service Level as "Mechanical Error," and PSA will correct the error for free, and ship it back to you for free. You can only do this if you were the original submitter for the order, or so I've been told. (e.g., if you bought a mislabled card on ebay, and want PSA to fix it, then you have to pay for a Reholder submission.)

I think Joe and the other submitters on this thread have already fully explained this situation. And frankly, if you're a grader looking at 10,000 near mint to gem mint cards, you'll probably have a handful slip through the cracks. Wasn't it at the last National where PSA said that they gave X dollars in redemptions to improperly graded or holdered cards? People are human, including graders. When PSA makes errors, they've done their best to fix it. Joe cannot talk about the Wagner card or Mastro even if he wanted to. Since this is in a court of law, his lawyers or PSA's lawyers probably have already told him to not talk about it.

And now people want active moderators for this board? You know, IMHO, the worst problem at PSA right now is that the submissions are going over service level. PSA has already explained this due to an increase in demand and not having enough graders. Now, people want to take more of their bandwidth to answer questions on this board? Do people know how much time an active moderator needs to spend on a board? I know the net54 moderator is on this board, and he spends hours each day making sure that board runs smoothly. Give PSA a break. You have questions? I say, go to PSA's National luncheon, and ask them during that time.

So guys, just remember the golden rule in card collecting. Buy the card, not the holder! PSA provides a service since they are an unbiased third party rather than have dealers sell raw cards that look like they were on a bicycle spoke but still self graded VG. Just remember that, and happy collecting!

• << <i>You can only do this if you were the original submitter for the order, or so I've been told. (e.g., if you bought a mislabled card on ebay, and want PSA to fix it, then you have to pay for a Reholder submission.) >>

Is this something new? I've never heard of anybody having to pay a reholder fee for a mechanical error.

• << <i>

<< <i>You can only do this if you were the original submitter for the order, or so I've been told. (e.g., if you bought a mislabled card on ebay, and want PSA to fix it, then you have to pay for a Reholder submission.) >>

Is this something new? I've never heard of anybody having to pay a reholder fee for a mechanical error. >>

This is what I was told by PSA. I had 3 cards with this issue. The first I purchased as part of a lot from a Legendary auction. The front is a horizontal card, but the back was upside in the holder. The second was an older card that was labeled as 1927 W502. I believe that it is now known that this issue should be 1928 W502 instead. The final card was another old card labeled as 1924 W-UNC. However when I query the cert #, it shows 1926 W511, which is the correct label. For all three cases, I was told that since I was not the original submitter for the card, I would need to send the cards in for a Reholder rather than mechanical error in order to correct the flip.
  • mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    Not to fan the flames here but it would seem upgrading it's customer service would do a great deal in satisfying many of it's customers who are paying the freight for PSA's product and quiet much of the discontent that is happening on these boards. Of course there will still be questions about procedural items but at least allowing the one's paying for a service to have dedicated access to someone that can trouble shoot an issue would certainly help. I am just amazed that a company the size of PSA does not have at least a few dedicated customer service people who really want to help (emphasis on REALLY) and have the power to make legitimate concerns known to the higher ups. There have been far too many complaints about the lack of assistance for submission issues and other things that have come up for PSA not to take notice of this. I do know when Carol was on the boards she was at least someone you could go to with an issue and make things happen.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    It is easy to say hire someone, but realize this also comes at a cost to the consumers. Would you still buy their services at higher rates if they add additional staff? I may get frustrated in some of the response times to when my cards are graded, but would people trade better response time with higher rates? I dunno.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

<< <i>It is easy to say hire someone, but realize this also comes at a cost to the consumers. Would you still buy their services at higher rates if they add additional staff? I may get frustrated in some of the response times to when my cards are graded, but would people trade better response time with higher rates? I dunno. >>

If one good customer service rep could bring in 5,000 additional submissions, the net cost would be $0.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    but would they?
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    2013 sub rate increase. I think it could be covered just fine.

<< <i>but would they? >>

How would I know? image

5,000 new submissions is a very obtainable number. They would also be in a position to sell more memberships and upsell PSA product. To be most effective, you'd need two customer service reps to cover breaks, lunch periods and vacation times (so 10,000 new submissions). If you provided outstanding customer service; could you grow business from SGC... probably... from Beckett... probably... from GAI... absolutely! image They could also moderate the forum, correct simple website issues, etc.

The real questions is... do we really care about good customer service or have we learned to accept poor customer service (not just from PSA, but from all our daily interactions)? If a company provided good customer service; would we become more loyal to that company?
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>It is easy to say hire someone, but realize this also comes at a cost to the consumers. >>

Rob ... I don't know what the salaries of these individuals would be but, if you hired 2 people at $35,000.00 each, would it matter that much to a company (Collector's Universe) with Gross Sales of $48,360,000.00 and Selling, General, and Administrative Expenses of $19,800,000.00 for the year ended June 2012?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    There are some industries that are reliant on customer service... hospitality type industries. Grading collectibles is all about money... the TPG takes the money for their opinion and the customers are looking at these submissions as a way to make more money. As long as everyone is getting a piece everyone will deal with bad customer service.
    Joel

<< <i>It is easy to say hire someone, but realize this also comes at a cost to the consumers. Would you still buy their services at higher rates if they add additional staff? I may get frustrated in some of the response times to when my cards are graded, but would people trade better response time with higher rates? I dunno. >>

Maybe by improving customer service and hiring a few people for this purpose, it will take away many of the complaints in the message boards that we have been seeing over the last few years. Reducing the complaints on the message boards will help their bottom line by not having to pay a moderator to police the boards at midnight on a Saturday night and remove threads that are challenging the customer service policies of the company in general. They can use the funds they are paying a Mod to be in here on the weekends and hire a few CS people who will be able to competently handled customer inquiries in a timely manner and help reduce customer dissatisfaction.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It is easy to say hire someone, but realize this also comes at a cost to the consumers. >>

Rob ... I don't know what the salaries of these individuals would be but, if you hired 2 people at $35,000.00 each, would it matter that much to a company (Collector's Universe) with Gross Sales of $48,360,000.00 and Selling, General, and Administrative Expenses of $19,800,000.00 for the year ended June 2012? >>

Or just sub out moderator duties at a lesser rate to 3 or 4 of you that are normally on here a lot.

edited to add the reason why I initially posted the above. I like the theory of a moderator less message board, but this board has become pretty large the last 2 or 3 years which has added some challenges.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Rob ... I don't know what the salaries of these individuals would be but, if you hired 2 people at $35,000.00 each, would it matter that much to a company (Collector's Universe) with Gross Sales of $48,360,000.00 and Selling, General, and Administrative Expenses of $19,800,000.00 for the year ended June 2012? >>

Or just sub out moderator duties at a lesser rate to 3 or 4 of you that are normally on here a lot. >>

Do they really want to let the inmates run the asylum? LOL

For the record, I would do this and I am sure others would to but I dont see it happening.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Or just sub out moderator duties at a lesser rate to 3 or 4 of you that are normally on here a lot. >>

Do they really want to let the inmates run the asylum? LOL

For the record, I would do this and I am sure others would to but I dont see it happening. >>

I concur... if there were only 3 or 4 of us remaining on this forum, it'd be a lot easier to moderate! image
  • I vote for the kid from BBCE to be moderator here.

That would be like having Wyatt Earp in Tombstone.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i'd say more like a yachting trip with Randle P. McMurphy at the helm.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I vote for the kid from BBCE to be moderator here.

That would be like having Wyatt Earp in Tombstone. >>

Leave it to you all to pull something like the kid from BBCE that posted here only a couple times before he was beaten up.image
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭

<< <i>i'd say more like a yachting trip with Randle P. McMurphy at the helm. >>

Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy