Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Feuchtwanger Cent Variety?

MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
What variety is this Feuchtwanger cent? I purchased it today at the New Market, MD show.
Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

Comments

• Options
    The color is a little more silver than my picture indicates.
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    My photographic skills are "limited." image This is almost the true color.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ambro51 sent me this site a few years ago, it should be able to tell you all about your coin:

http://www.numissociety.com/entry.php?24-Dr.-Lewis-Feuchtwanger-s-Composition-One-Cent-Piece
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I cannot access the page you sent for the Feuchtwanger even though I registered for the site.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a 6 I
  • Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭
    Great one!
  • Options
    Thank you!!!
  • Options
    It's the most common variety by far making up at least 70% of survivors, also most common high grade piece. The 6 obverse was also interestingly used for the RERussell 12 1/2 cent. Some varieties are seldom seen. For instance the first 2A I seen on eBay in two years fold a fee weeks ago. How often can you say that about a coin...first one on ebsy in two years? I didn't buy already have a PCGS MS63 2A and a NCS VF
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    Teletrade has 8 of these listed in next Sundays auction. All PCGS graded, 3 in Genuine holders, 5 with grades of VF25 to AU50

Edited to add...They are not mine
  • Options
    Attributed: 6I. 6I. 6I. 5G. 3E. 5H. 5G. 5G. The 5H is probably the scarcest of the bunch, an R2 but I've seen less of these than the R3 rated 3E ( which seem like an R2)
  • Options
    This coin graded AU55 and it is a 6I. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Too bad PCGS won't bother to attribute these. They'll attribute anything else....but figuring out these 13 varieties .... Must be too diffumicult BTW you got a gift on the 55
  • Options
    "BTW you got a gift on the 55"

Might have, but their opinion is the one that counts! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file