Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Higley in SB.

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here it is ....a great story and possibly the cherry pick of the century!

Comments

• Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw this thread, I thought you meant this one from the November Baltimore Stacks-Bowers sale of the Royse Collection, ex: 1947 ANA Robert Prann.

This was one of those opportunities I couldn't pass up from CRO.

• Options
    NewEnglandRaritiesNewEnglandRarities Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭✭
    Higley coppers are one of my favorite colonial issues. I have been lucky enough to handle about a half dozen over the years, and they always seem to speak a similar but different story to me. They are just so much fun to hold in your hand and study for hours.

Great pickup btw rays on the Stacks/CRO coin. I liked it very much in lot viewing. Congrats on owning a tremendous piece of American coin history and a quite pleasing example to boot!
    New England Rarities...Dealer In Colonial Coinage and Americana
  • Options
    TrimeTrime Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭
    Great story and enough to draw a colonial collector to the worn copper box in flea markets and B&Ms.
    Higleys are special Americana. I treasure my example.
    Trime
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats a cool story to read again. i live in the next town from there and i just smile when i see stories like that image thanks for sharing
  • Options
    AnalystAnalyst Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

I am not sure that the one in the Jan. sale was a good buy, $47k!

I am more comfortable with the two in the March SB auction, which I wrote about. I also cover the history and references relating to Higley Coppers:

Historically Important Higley Coppers Always Draw Attention!
    "In order to understand the scarce coins that you own or see, you must learn about coins that you cannot afford." -Me

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file