Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

paypal, what am I missing?

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
The recent paypal change has found me a bit confused. The payment area automatically goes to my checking account, which is ok...so far. However, I also have my credit card registered with paypal, which I generally use for large purchases. Problem is, how do you link over to using the credit card option...no matter how much I click on the "change" area, it does not go to my credit card option. What am I missing?

Tks

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    If you have any money ( balance ) showing on your paypal account , paypal will use that first over all else . I believe you need to transfer the balance out of your account ( to your bank ?) then you will find he option to use other funding sources available .

I hope this helps . --- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Sonny, tks, but I don't think that's it.

I win/buy an item on a website, in this case it's eBay. I go to pay and of course use paypal...the only option available is to pay with my checking account. In the past, I've always seen the option for paying via my checking account, or simply clicking a link to change the option to my "backup", which is my credit card. It really didn't matter what I had or didn't have in my paypal balance, which 99% of the time is zero.

I just want to know how to link over to my credit card payment option in case I see something I chose to pay for via my credit card, not from checking account funds.

Tks.
  • Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭
    Is it possible you need to update your credit card info?
    "I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options
    Credit card has LOTS of room on it for purchases, and is current. I think I'll give paypal a call, I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm simply overlooking.
  • Options
    kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭
    My guess is that the online credit card expiration date has passed, so it is no longer valid. You normally get warning emails when the expiration date is near.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you have any money ( balance ) showing on your paypal account , paypal will use that first over all else . I believe you need to transfer the balance out of your account ( to your bank ?) then you will find he option to use other funding sources available .

I hope this helps . --- Sonny >>

Sonny is correct. Transfer all of your money out of your account, then you can use your credit card. In fact, I just did it 5 minutes ago.
  • Options
    This is not a paypal balance issue, I have zero funds in my paypal account at this time. I've bought thousands of dollars of things on eBay via paypal and always had the option of using my checking account or credit card. It used to be a simple click to switch between the two.

I have rarely had more than a few hundred dollars in my paypal account, which I generally transfered to my checking account and it didn't matter then what I did with those funds in relation to using my checking account, or credit card to pay for future items.

I'll just call paypal, like I said, I must be missing something simple.
  • Options
    Mystery solved...I think.

So, I called paypal and got the "mechanical voice"...The voice told me "you have a credit card that is about to expire". Actually it expired in December...despite having already logged on to my paypal account and updated the new expiration date of December of 2015, the paypal system must not have taken the change. I told the "voice" of the correct expiration date and the 3-digit code on the back..."voice" tells me my credit card account has now been updated.

So, I guess you must call paypal when your card is nearing expiration to ensure they updated your profile. We'll see when I make my next purchased and pay via paypal to see if the option to pay with my credit card has been enabled.
  • Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 449 ✭✭✭
    I always "pay as a guest" if I want to use my credit card.

Matt