Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Dropping Into the 76 Topps Race

I have the number 4 set listed but now want to get serious. I would like to hear from anyone out there working on the set or has some stashed away. 76 Collectors UNITE and be PROUD. The position logos are way cool no matter what others believe and who needs GOOD RCs anyway. Our 2nd year players rock and the Brett is way tougher than his RC.
Jason Jacobs: Looking for NM/MT graded cards of Pirates and Cardinals from prewar to 1975.

Comments

• jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    60 bucs,
    welcome to the 76 race,it is a deceivenly tough set to get in an 8 or above.
    i have some doubles let me know what you have and we can trade.
    good luck on the brett,rose,rice,ruth and aaron.

jack
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    Agreed. A very tough set to get in 8 or better, even freshly opened. Both the Eckersley and Brett are very tough to get in 8 or better. After scouring the earth, I am presently left with a PSA 8 (PD) Brett and a PSA 7 Eckersley. While I am not actively attempting to put together a PSA set for this year, I feel and know your pain!
  • gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    1960 Bucs, drop me an email if your interested in bulk lots of 8's or 9's. rjc012661@aol.com
  • Thanks for the replys. My full set that I have graded is listed under JJ 1976 Mania but I have about 25% of the set also ungraded including all the Team Cards(except Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox) and Checklists in NM to NM/MT shape. I have the Rose in PSA 8 and I have the Brett in a SGC 88 but the back is O/C enough to worry me. Not miscut but barely all there. The front is perfect. I have about 40 cards graded so far. I will contact anyone who is willing to help. Print defects in this set are killer and some hard to spot.

Anyone notice the 10 PSA 9 Younts for sale on ebay in one lot!!!!! Seems like dispersing them one at a time would yeild better results.
    Jason Jacobs: Looking for NM/MT graded cards of Pirates and Cardinals from prewar to 1975.