Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does anyone collect MMA cards?

What are the best MMA cards on the market?
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I picked up these for UFC/MMA "rookies". Sorry the scans are all over the place. They were from the sellers. So far only got the Liddell graded. Working on the other ones. I think the first USA MMA or UFC set is in 2009. These are oddball ones I dug up

Chuck Liddell 2003 Sherdog

Bruce lee 1974 Yamakatsu

Chuck Norris 1974 Yamakatsu series 2

Ken shamrock 1995 BBM

Randy Couture 1998 Heroes of Wrestling
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I have some and can post later...of course the newer stuff is out there with Round One but I like to find oddball and some of the cards that were made out of Japan.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I'm looking for a Royce Gracie rookie. The earliest card I could find was 2006 Pride card. If anyone knows of an earlier one either from Japan or brazil maybe let me know
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    That Royce Gracie is the first one that I have ever seen........the 2006 Pride card. That is a great little set.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I wouldn't say I collect them, but I've been an avid fan of martial arts forever, and of the UFC since UFC 1. I have a few cards - an auto Liddell card, an auto Cain card, etc. I want the '72 Bruce Lee card and some of those Pride cards, but I've never seen them around. Also been looking for an Anderson Silva Round 1 slabbed, but only a few pop up on eBay, and those are always way overpriced.

Where do you guys find Yamakatsu cards, Pride cards, etc.?
  • Options
    I've gotten them on eBay. They aren't very common but pop up a few times a year. I haven't been able to figure out how to search or use any Japanese sites. The Pride cards are more common and usually on eBay.
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    The 1974 Yamakatsu Bruce Lee - Enter the Dragon and 1974 Yamakatsu Bruce Lee - Way of the Dragon cards are typically found on Japanese auction sites. Series 1(Cards #1-#48) are from the movie Enter the Dragon. Series 2(CardS #49-96) are from the movie Way of the Dragon. Series 1 are easier to find than Series 2 and about 1/4 of the price. Almost all the cards in Series 2 are from the famous fight scene between Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee at the end of the movie. Series 1 cards show Bruce Lee during different scenes from the movie. All are pretty cool cards. The most popular of the images in the set are Cards #69 and #71 of Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris up close.

I have some Series 1 doubles if interested. Some are in better condition than others.

• Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    I love that Couture card, Chad! You may have the most diverse card collection of great athletes, that I know of.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    Here is a TTM auto I got of the legend Kazushi Sakuraba

• Options
    Got the Gracie card. I was holding out for an earlier one but couldn't seem to find one

2006 Pride Royce Gracie
  • Options
    He is a very good signer in the mail, at least he used to be.
  • Options
    Just got an email from bgs confirming that they will grade the 1998 heroes of wrestling. I don't really collect if the new UFC cards but the 98 set was pretty hard to find. Can't wait to get it slabbed
  • Options
    There is a Dan Henderson in the set and Alexander Karelin who is an absolute beast and one of the most famous amateur wrestlers ever.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There is a Dan Henderson in the set and Alexander Karelin who is an absolute beast and one of the most famous amateur wrestlers ever. >>

Boy you are not kidding Karelin was legendary, it has been rumored he weighed 15lbs at birth.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Here is a closeup of the Karelin card

• Options
    My randy couture card just popped. I don't collect signed cards but this was the only one I could find so got it.. Ill post a scan of it when I get it back

Set Name : 1998 Culture House Heroes of Wrestling
    Player Name : Randy Couture
    Date Graded : Friday, May 17, 2013
    Centering Grade : 9.5
    Corner Grade : 8.5
    Edges Grade : 9.5
    Surfaces Grade : 8.5
    Autograph Grade : 8.0
    Final Grade : 8.5
  • Options
    Very cool! Awesome card!
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    If anyone is interested in any MMA cards from Japan of any fighter, let me know. I import quite a few cards every few months from Japan and can keep a lookout for you on the auction sites.
  • Options
    Here is couture rookie.

• Options
    Could be a decent chance that it was once mine.....
  • Options
    hjrhjr Posts: 46 ✭✭

Anyone know other than > @SumoMenkoMan said:

If anyone is interested in any MMA cards from Japan of any fighter, let me know. I import quite a few cards every few months from Japan and can keep a lookout for you on the auction sites.

Do you still import MMA cards from Japan?

Henry Ruiz
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hjr said:

That thread is over 10 years old. You might want to send him a PM, I don't see Sumo post as often nowadays.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2023 1:46PM

my only one...fellow former Cleveland State University student athlete and former (soon to be current) UFC World Heavyweight Champion! His Auto RC #'d /99 and a 1 of 1 in PSA 10!

• Options

@Cakes said:

@hjr said:

That thread is over 10 years old. You might want to send him a PM, I don't see Sumo post as often nowadays.

Thank you!

Henry Ruiz
  • Options
    CrashingwavesCrashingwaves Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

I collect mma cards... and have several from Japan. Wrestlingcardking is very knowledgeable as well.

• Options

@Crashingwaves said:
    I collect mma cards... and have several from Japan. Wrestlingcardking is very knowledgeable as well.

That's awesome I have a few BBM cards. Do you have any of the Vale TUdo cards that came in the Japanese Magazines?

Henry Ruiz
  • Options

@hjr said:

@Crashingwaves said:

That's awesome I have a few BBM cards. Do you have any of the Vale TUdo cards that came in the Japanese Magazines?

Some but not all...

• Options

@Crashingwaves said:

@hjr said:

@Crashingwaves said:

Some but not all...

That's awesome, you
    happen to know what magazine issues it was from?

Henry Ruiz
  • Options

@hjr said:

@Crashingwaves said:

@hjr said:

@Crashingwaves said:

Some but not all...

That's awesome, you
    happen to know what magazine issues it was from?

Bought them loose... and been trying to find the magazines (its more than 1 copy) for over a decade