Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1988 Georgia Bulldogs McDag Bill Goldberg....

1988 Bill Goldberg

I purchased these cards today and after doing a little digging I see that PSA does indeed grade these and there are a few in high grade.

I have a few questions I was hoping someone might be able to answer.

Has anyone ever seen a PSA graded example sell?

Is Bill Goldberg active on the autograph circuit?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I have not seen a graded example sell from my memory but I am not sure if I would have followed if I did see a graded example....

I do believe that he has hit the autograph circuit so you should be okay there.......

Great purchase and good luck with your grades.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on picking up that card. I was keeping an eye out for one and Kinda quit watching a while back.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was searching this morning for a few things and came across the two sets. I bought both for $62.50 per set.

I plan to get the nicest one graded and then get the other signed if possible.

There have been 16 examples graded so far and they tend to be mint or higher so hopefully these fall into that range.

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Great pickup; I've always wanted that card and love McDag Productions sets.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Here are the scans of the two Bill Goldberg cards.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Cool cards. Pre rookie cards are great
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Goldberg

These are mostly WWE highlights but wow did Goldberg have some high impact moves!!!

Eagles I agree pre rookie type cards can be very cool and I think this is a great card.

• Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    Did he ever play pro football? I was thinking he did. It doesnt look like he was on any cards though. I did see there was a 1989 Georgia police set he was in. Wonder how rare that one is?
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Goldberg

These are mostly WWE highlights but wow did Goldberg have some high impact moves!!!

Eagles I agree pre rookie type cards can be very cool and I think this is a great card. >>

MAN that takes me back. Goldberg was amazing. I stopped watching wrestling around when his career was winding down. It's just not the same anymore.
  • Options
    I had admittedly totally forgot how awesome he was in the ring at that stage of his career. His entrance was for much of his career his best feature.

We went to see him when he was about to become the champ and take the title from Hollywood Hogan.

The sound was defining in the Orlando Arena. Goldberg......Goldberg......Goldberg..... the entire place chanted. It was awesome.

When he went to the WWE he was now a made guy in the business and got to work these matches against much more athletic workers and they made him look great!!!

I am glad I searched for that clip. It makes me more excited to add these cards to my collection.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    how will these grade?
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Rob I pulled them out of the little case they were in and put them right into card savers.

It has been a long time since I have seen one of the cases they came in and at first was a little nervous.

They used to sell them at the card shops and are hard plastic and snap together. This looked like the 20 card or less holder. We used to buy the big ones that would fit 100 cards. There are 16 cards in the set.

I looked at them and at first glance they look very strong. I need to scan them over better to see if there is any hidden damage that you don't see immediately on the quick glance.

In the scans I think the cards look great and should grade strong.

The seller listed them as NM or better and I think they are easily that and I am pleased with the condition relative to the description.

I definitely plan to get these in PSA holders.
  • Options
    Signing

If anyone is interested Bill Goldberg will be signing at the big show in June. I just picked up a fresh copy of this card and will crack it out and send it off to get signed. Hopefully it stays in great shape in the process.

• Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    This is a good opportunity to showcase my custom Bill Goldberg card . . .