Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Bill Ranford 1987 OPC RC PSA 10

I sent in an 1987 OPC Bill Ranford Rookie Card thinking it would likely get an 8 with a possible outside chance at a 9. It got a 10, one of only four 10s. Wondering how to go about figuring out it's value. I likely won't keep it as part of my collection. The card is part of a few popular registered sets (Conn Smythe, All Time Oilers) to go along with the 1987 OPC Set. Whenever I get a card like this that I don't want to keep for my own, I would prefer to move it to someone who is a serious collector of one of the sets the card is in and I want to be fair in my asking price but this one has me baffled, I really have no idea what I should ask for it (in $ or trade).

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    PSA 9s go for less then $25..even less then $20

I bet you could work out a deal with Mike Cable who has the #3 or # 4 set on the registry for the card........maybe his PSA 9 and cash for your PSA 10?

I would contact him!!

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭
    Here vcp on a 10

Latest Auction Prices for: PSA 10 - Average Price: $42.33
    Select GraderPSASGCGAIBVGPSA-Q Select GradeAUTH11.522.533.544.555.566.577.588.5910 Listing Type: All Auction Buy It Now Best Offer Show: 2550100All Date Auction Link Seller Buyer Bids Price Extra
    6/14/09 eBay Image psa-set-guy 6***t 6 $42.33
    3/21/07 eBay $32.10
    12/16/06 eBay $36.00
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Since it's been a while since a 10 sold, I'd probably put it on eBay with a $99 starting bid and no Buy it Now and see what happens.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Where are you finding ebay sales records from that far back?
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Where are you finding ebay sales records from that far back? >>

VCP
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    Which of course stands for I have no idea what it stands for.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    VCP = vintagecardprices.com. It's a site that compiles pre-2000 graded card prices. Membership is pricy, but if you use it a lot it can be justified.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    On the remote chance that anyone cares, I sold this card for $175
  • Options
    That is a pretty amazing price - especially considering you yourself thought it was a PSA 8 quality...
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    That is a great price..

He was awesome to watch..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Just curious - why did you think the card was an 8?
    It always works the other way for me - think it's a 10, get an 8.
  • Options
    I have no clue cause when I got it back I said yeah that was an obvious 10.