Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ticket Framing, My New project

I had posted the following Mat's and Frames in another thread but though it would be better to start my own as I dont want
to hi-jack the other thread

So far I Have done 25 and still have enough supplies to do 25 more. The Total cost each (everything added up and divided by 50)
comes to 18.00 each (not counting the engraved plates they are 2.00 ea.) Total cost each includes the cost of all the supplies
and tools to do 50 (logan 450 Mat Cutter, Logan V-Groove Cutter, Alto's Oval Cutter, 100 assorted Mat's 7 X 14, 50 Foam backs and 50 Frames )

The Frames were the Most 6.99 ea. but that is a very good price since they need to have a recessed area deep enough to hold
the Glass, two 4 ply Mats and 3/16 Foam Board Backing which still leaves enough room for a 1/32 chip board back if I want to add
color behind the ticket. Also I wanted Frames that I could remove the back without having to remove staples or other types of semi
permanite closings, these have little plastic rotating clips that can be turned by hand/finger to hold the backing in place so it just a simple
flip of the clips to remove the items.

Also wanted all the frames to be the same so it took some time to find a place were I could get them in quantity without paying over
12.00 each. Found them at Ross but luky for me there are about 8 or 9 within driving distance as I needed to visit 7 stores to find the
amount I needed

Below is a fast web site display I put up of some of the first Mat's I cut as others were curious how hard it would be to do there own so
I put this up to show how easy it realy is ( Good Math skills are required ) Notice most dont have graded tickets yet waiting for this
March so I can bring them in and save the cost of shipping one way. Once I get them back I left enough room to re-cut the ticket
opening for the PSA case.

My First few Mat's Cut

Comments

• Options
    kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Those look awesome. What a great idea.
    Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These look great! The only one I ever had done was this one, only because it was my own used ticket:

• Options
    Nice, its always more cool to have a ticket you actualy used since it has the memorys attached. Sadly all my old sporting, concert and show
    tickets got ruined in storage when the roof leaked and only effected my stuff image also distroyed my record collection 60's and 70's, really just
    effected the sleeves but when I saw it I was so disapointed I just threw it all away.

On a side note I was thinking of adding one of those Digital Picture frames to my display they have ones you can add a MPG video clip
    into, it would be cool to have the ticket framed with a screen that would play a recording of the fight. To much now but in a few years
    I should be able to pick them up cheap.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Very nice job. Enjoy them!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BruceinGaBruceinGa Posts: 268 ✭✭

I took a class on custom framing about 12 yrs ago. I have a fletcher mat cutter, chopper and v-nailer. I haven't been active with it in about 5 years. After seeing your other thread and looking a the website you recommended I got to thinking that I could build some for my cards, diecast cars and my father's HO trains. I don't know where you live but I you are close to Atlanta I wouldn't mind cutting some moulding for you.
    Bruce
  • Options

<< <i>I took a class on custom framing about 12 yrs ago. I have a fletcher mat cutter, chopper and v nailer. I haven't been active
    with in about 5 yrs. After seeing your other thread and looking at the website you recommended I got to thinking that I could
    build some for my cards, diecast cars and my father's HO trains. I don't know where you live but if you are close to Atlanta
    I wouldn't mind cutting some of moulding for you. >>

Thanks for the kind offer I do however already have everything I need for the next 25 or so tickets also I am in California.
    Thanks anyway its much appreciated
  • Options
    Latest Frame. Since my brother-in-law is a Giants fan thought I would put something together for him.

The result is this Tim Lincecum No-Hitter (July 13, 2013) display.

It includes a Full San Diego Padres Season Ticket from the game along with a Commemorative No-Hitter Pin (100 made)
    and a first day Pacific Bell Park Inaugural Season Envelope with the postal date stamp from S.F. (needed something to
    round out / Fill in the display).

Thinking about it now I should of used a nice picture of Tim Pitching, Stay tuned as I may do update with a picture instead

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are very cool pieces!
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, I too mat and frame lots of sports, music, and entertainment memorabilia. I purchased all of my frames from Frame USA. It looks like you really have the cost of the process under control. They look really nice.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Hope my brother-in-law likes it image

BTW jmmiller777

Are the frames from Frame USA very expensive ? Do they do custom sizes ? Need some custom sizes and checking the cost
    of material and tools it looks like I could do better just buying them already done since I would only need a couple special order sizes.
  • Options
    Those Clay/Ali & Liston frames are awesome! Really nice work!
  • Options

<< <i>Those Clay/Ali & Liston frames are awesome! Really nice work! >>

Thanks, BTW I was having a hard time getting a good picture of the second one because of the reflection
    off the glass and had to take the picture at an angle which makes the bevel work around the top picture
    look uneven, which it is not. I should realy try and get a better straight picture of that one.

Anyone know a good way to take a picture with flash that does not reflect. I tried using bright light in the
    room so I could do away with the flash but then I had a problem with the light reflection on the glass as well.
    I guess my next project may need to be a photography class
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    My wife is a photographer but she's asleep. I'll ask her in the morning and get back to you on that glare issue.

Meanwhile I just wanted to say, great work! I've seen quite a few mat cuttings as you can imagine (in fact she recently tried to sell her mat cutter because she no longer does her own framing) and yours look really great indeed. You did fine work. I imagine if you or your heirs ever decide to sell those someday they'll command a good premium.

I've heard SO MANY collectors over the years talk big dreams about someday framing their choice items with accessories like photos, stamps, postcards, etc. But you actually made it happen. Congrats, man! Good for you! Enjoy them in good health!!!
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
  • Options
    Second Version of the Tim Lincecum No-Hitter (July 13, 2013) display
    I feel its more of a ballanced display with all items now being related to the No-Hitter