Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
Continues it's winning streak. I believe it's 12 years in a row.

MJ
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Continues it's winning streak. I believe it's 12 years in a row.

MJ >>

I'm with the anti-gold guy - barbaric relic. Although, seems we are in medieval times image

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to gold
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. Lets hope the 13th year isn't the jinx.

Either way I plan to add a fair bit more in 2013.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if I owned more worthless paper, I would gladly buy more gold
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Looking to buy more ASAP image

I likes me GOLDimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    vibr0nicvibr0nic Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Continues it's winning streak. I believe it's 12 years in a row.

MJ >>

I prefer to think of it as a multi-millennial streak, and yes, it continues. image
    I like large size currency and silver dollars.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Continues it's winning streak. I believe it's 12 years in a row. MJ >>

Cohodk won't like this. I think he's betting double down that next year will be the first break in the trend.

We would never have gotten 12 yrs in a row if the FED/Treasury/big banks weren't actively managing the uptrends and downtrends to keep them "reasonable." A massive blow off would have occurred at some point already. They know they can't hold it back. So why not profit on the managed rises and falls? The 1962-1980 bull market had 2 monster 6 month rallies where gold doubled in price. And those ending rally years of 1974 and 1979 and were indeed followed by down years. We've had no such monster rallies, just a steady grind that doubles in 2-3 years. Gold's monthly macd is still in a steep decline and showing negative divergence to price. So currently, macd is forecasting a not so good 2013. At the bottom in October 2008 gold's macd was in a similar dive, but came out of it within a month. Until the monthly macd flattens out, this correction is not over.

Maybe on Dec 31st 2013 Cohodk will finally be able to say,"I told you so." ....................naaaaaaaaaah. image

It's still a 12 year stealth bull in the US with almost no one knowing about it or partaking in it. You know financial media isn't going to harp on it. But if stocks were in a 12th year
    of gains every shoe shine kid, tailor, barber, and hairdresser, would know about it and be touting their favorite stocks. Gold? It's still a barbarous relic to 99% of Americans. If you
    asked them what commodity has been higher every year straight for 12 years I'd suspect they'd say a Big Mac, a dozen Dunkin Donuts, or a Starbuck's Coffee....lol.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree RR.

Another simple indicator is how many of your friends own PM's.

Proves to me the PM bull run is far from being over.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, I agree RR.

Another simple indicator is how many of your friends own PM's.

Proves to me the PM bull run is far from being over. >>

My father in law is anti-gold, so went he buys gold.... I will be selling! image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    This bull market has been a European and Asian driven event. North America has been basically left out. The $Cash4Gold centers are just a means to take gold
    from J6P and ship it overseas. The banksters will be ready when its time to bring gold to the forefront again. J6P will be the last guy to find out. And when he does, it
    will only be silver bars and coins that he can afford. It's ironic that the very coins and scrap jewelry that J6P eagerly cashed in at $500, $700, $1000, and $1200/oz gold is one of
    the few things that would have helped him survive what's coming in 2014-2017.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen the new .999 credit card size 50gram gold bar that can be split into 50 individual 1gr pieces (just like a Hershey's chocolate bar)?

Investors in Switzerland, Austria and Germany are buying these up.

What a great idea!!

Have a look here....

50gr gold 'card'

other side.....see!! How cool is that!!

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Agreed, the large majority of people still think of gold as a "weird" "risky" "oddball" investment (fill in the blanks)... once it reaches $3,000 or $4,000 they'll all be on board and talking about how great it is. image
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    Those 1 gram bars are sort of cool. Easy to lose though. image

But it's a nice alternative to paying a huge premium for say 1/10th ounce AGE's. And even 1/10th ounce coins are $165. It's still running around with
    $100 bills that fewer and fewer businesses want to cash for you. These micro-bars are a $50 bill. A little more user friendly. 1 ounce AGE's and 90% silver
    coins are much more user friendly. My concern on these bars is how good are the security features to keep counterfeits at bay. I think I'd still feel safer with
    AGE's, $20 Saints/Libs, ASE's, and old 90% US silver and gold coins.