Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Year's Eve Rip

Just got these in the mail!! I will rip these later tonight in celebration of the New Year and post my winnings!

1976 football and 1979 baseball

1977 and 78 rack packs

1980 vending box

Comments

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Can't wait to see what you pull!
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great way to ring in the new year!!!
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Is the Morris rack for sale? I would keep that one sealed...Good Luck
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is the Morris rack for sale? I would keep that one sealed...Good Luck >>

I didn't even notice that Morris RC was on the top of the rack, good eyes. I would also keep that one sealed, as well.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Is the Morris rack for sale? I would keep that one sealed...Good Luck >>

Morris Rack? It's worth money because it's a "DOUBLE DOUG" Rack!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Mitt Romney might buy the other rack since Big Bird is in it.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mitt Romney might buy the other rack since Big Bird is in it. >>

I doubt it...he already has a lot of them....binders full of them. image
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "Is the Morris rack for sale? I would keep that one sealed...Good Luck "

The other rack has HOF'er Fergie Jenkins. You did well. I'd think you could turn a quick profit on those selling to
    unopened rack collectors and use the profits to buy more with commons showing.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    I debated opening the Morris rack cause he is up for HOF again. It looks well centered, maybe slightly low. I am not sure what is 50/50 centered with 78's. Didnt even see the Fergie Jenkins. image
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I would keep the Fidrych leader pack unopened as well. With him and Jenkins on top that is too good to rip!

aconte
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    oooooohhhhh..........80 Vending!!! I busted a few of those 2-3 years ago.

If you're looking to put together a high end raw set of those, let me know. Maybe we can do some trading.
  • Options

<< <i>oooooohhhhh..........80 Vending!!! I busted a few of those 2-3 years ago.

If you're looking to put together a high end raw set of those, let me know. Maybe we can do some trading. >>

I probably will be looking for stuff. After the rip and go through the 80's stuff I have lingering, I will let you know what I am looking for. Thanks!
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    You probably shouldn't listen to me, but I say rip it all! imageimageimage

Happy New Year!

Justin
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would keep the Fidrych leader pack unopened as well. With him and Jenkins on top that is too good to rip!

aconte >>

+1
  • Options
    1all1all Posts: 507 ✭✭✭
    Wow, two rack packs with HOFers showing (Morris will get in this year). Once again, this just goes to show you how well you can do by just ordering from BBCExchange.

Doug
  • Options
    I say rip'em all but it's not my packs so... Good luck on the '76 football. I've been trying to work up the courage to buy a couple packs myself.
    Looking to buy/trade for any Holman Moody (NASCAR) related items you may have.
  • Options
    Well I opened to the 2 '79 packs. Nothing special but some semi-stars:

The carew/parker looks gradable. But I am not sure with that corner piece of fuzz whisping away. This Pete Redfern looks really well centered, but the top right corner I think wont get it a 10. There are no 10's on this card either. Boo.

Ok, thats all for now. I'll do the 76 next. Be back a beer later.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Lets keep this going. You are going to rip them all tonight. No holding back. Don't let these guys talk you into keeping them sealed. image

There's a Henderson in that vending box as well. No need to keep it there. Do it!!!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>Well I opened to the 2 '79 packs. Nothing special but some semi-stars:

image >>

Maybe one of these days Walter Johnson will make a name for himself! image
  • Options
    Well, the 76 packs I pulled out two VERY expensive, but well centered commons image A little disappointing though.

• Options
    That Wersching looks dead centered!
  • Options
    Lastly is the 1980 Vending box. It basically gave me every major star card. I dont think there was anyone missing. However, the centering was all over the place. Moving from left to right, you could see the cut had some issues, as on the left side did not create that nice pattern until you got more to the right side of the box. So as you see, the cards got progressively nicer looking. But I dont think any card is truly 50/50 centered, at least of the stars. The box itself you could see is clearly brand new and never opened. But these vending boxes are so flimsy. Scanned here are just the major players.

Love that Carter image!!

The Smith is probably the best centered of the bunch and might consider grading.

And similarly, like the other guy who ripped a vending box, my Henderson came towards the last 100 cards or so. No the same luck, but am happy to pull one. The Ryan and the Rose as well all came towards the end (or right side) of the box. I dont know if this is common.

Given the shaky cutting, would it be expected other vending boxes from the same case to be cut similarly?
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    I recently bought an 80s vending box from BBE. It had to have been from the same case as the centering on my box was hideous. To boot, I didn't pull a Henderson. I'm hoping BBE gets a fresh case in before I try again.

All told, vending is a crap shoot. I have had some converse luck-- pulled PSA 9 78 Molitor and Murray out of BBE sold vending boxes.

With that said, I still enjoy vending for the buck. It is a lot of fun and relatively inexpensive.

Matt
  • Options

<< <i>I recently bought an 80s vending box from BBE. It had to have been from the same case as the centering on my box was hideous. To boot, I didn't pull a Henderson. I'm hoping BBE gets a fresh case in before I try again.

All told, vending is a crap shoot. I have had some converse luck-- pulled PSA 9 78 Molitor and Murray out of BBE sold vending boxes.

With that said, I still enjoy vending for the buck. It is a lot of fun and relatively inexpensive.

Matt >>

Case opened in April... it's been 8 months, so he's selling less than 3 vending boxes/month. Maybe it should have been one of his 12 Days of Christmas specials! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I recently bought an 80s vending box from BBE. It had to have been from the same case as the centering on my box was hideous. To boot, I didn't pull a Henderson. I'm hoping BBE gets a fresh case in before I try again.

Matt >>

Case opened in April... it's been 8 months, so he's selling less than 3 vending boxes/month. Maybe it should have been one of his 12 Days of Christmas specials! image >>

That would certainly be fun!

Well I am going to cut my losses there and keep the rack packs sealed. Gamble on the HOF for Morris and move it then and see what kind of premium I can get for the 77 with Fergie on top. Then get some with commons that I can rip. I have a 79 wax I just got in the mail.... image
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting the pics and sharing the rips mygotta!

aconte