Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

HSN Coin Collector... Start the bashing!

2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
Just channel surfing tonight, and saw the HSN Coin Collector episode....

the quote of the night...

"We can't just make up the retail price!"

?
WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG....they are going out of business!!!
  • Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it turns out - I was just channel surfing, stopped on HSN and then saw this thread.

"dealers buy 10, 20, 30 of these from us"...

- Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the guy just say that HSN grades a "billion" coins a year with ANACS?

- Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, the sad thing is people actually buy from them and think they have something special.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Is there a HSN for Real Estate? There has to be, in the Detroit Metro Area there is a News Article about rising Sales of $1 Million + Homes sold over the last year.

Bite Fishies BITE !

oh please bite

please...............................

Real Estate Agents are driving 10 year old Benzes around here.
  • Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭
    The claims made on these shows are outrageous
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As it turns out - I was just channel surfing, stopped on HSN and then saw this thread.

"dealers buy 10, 20, 30 of these from us"...

- Ian >>

You're channel surfing and not in the office like you always are 20 hours a day? What's wrong with you? image
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That show is hysterical. I was surfing during commercials last night and was mesmerized by the comments. That woman they had "helping" the pitchman was just a riot! She would interrupt his pitch with the dumbest comments (like the "retail price" comment above). HSN had to have moved her over from housewares or jewelry just to take up space. She was clueless.

Other great pitch was regarding the ANACS MS-69 2013 Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins. I don't remember it exactly, but he had been pitching the "perfect" ANACS MS-70 2013 American Silver Eagles and stated that it was "impossible" to get an MS-70 Maple Leaf so the MS-69s were "perfect" coins.

Yes, I weep for the buyers when they try to sell.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably,the only good coin show on the tube nowadays is " Pawn Stars". When someone walks into the store with an unique coin or two!This show,gives a great example of the store owner doing all the leg work (research) for you.Then,in the end,you'll find out about the coin/coins.The best thing is the truth will be told. ( I know Pawn Stars isn't specifically called a coin show. )

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just channel surfing tonight, and saw the HSN Coin Collector episode....

? >>

[video=youtube]http://yt.cl.nr/WrjwaqZfjIY[/video]

peacockcoins

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    It's pretty much on all day today. At 3pm, 4pm, 6pm, 10pm.

You'd think they would have it on late night, all night, after midnight, after everyone is cackeyed, and spend like a drunken sailor, only to have coins show up and not remember they ordered them.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just channel surfing tonight, and saw the HSN Coin Collector episode....

? >>

totally unreal. i know a few people who still swear by them. ( the rest just swear at them nowadays )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file