Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

January Grading Specials

Here are the January Collector’s Club Specials:

#1: $6.00 per card, 10 card minimum, with declared values under $100 per card, 45 day turnaround, 1956-Present (Regular Size Only) (No Tallboys, T3s, Supersized, thick/patch cards, coins/pins or autographed cards)

#2: $8.00 per card, 10 card minimum, with declared values under $100 per card, 20 day turnaround, Pre 1955 (Regular Size and Tallboy Only) (No T3s, Supersized, thick/patch cards, coins/pins or autographed cards)

#3 Autograph Trading Card Special (Any autographed licensed trading card, Red Flip) $15 per card, no minimum quantity, with declared values under $250 per card, 20 day turnaround (Regular, Tallboys, Thicker Memorabilia/Patch Cards are permitted; however Supersized and T-3’s are excluded)

Set Registry Special: $14 per card, no minimum quantity, with declared values under $500 per card, 10 day turnaround (Regular, Tallboys, Supersized cards, thicker/patch cards, coins/pins are permitted; however T3s and autograph cards are excluded)

DNA Special: 50% off any single-signed basketball autograph regularly $49 or less.

Comments

• Options
    Allegedly overheard at recent PSA staff meeting:

You know our customer service has been slipping. We haven't been getting orders completed in a timely fashion and we've upset quite a few customers recently.

So? What are they going to do, send the cards to someone else and have them graded?

Good point, we should raise our prices.

Done.

Meeting adjourned.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet PSA continues to get submissions coming in at a record rate year over year, so obviously people don't really mind the wait when it comes down to it.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yet PSA continues to get submissions coming in at a record rate year over year, so obviously people don't really mind the wait when it comes down to it. >>

Of course people mind. Some of the people that complain about turnaround times continue to submit, some don't. I'm pretty confident that widespread acceptance of poor turnaround times isn't a factor in PSA's growth.
  • Options
    Until demand starts to decrease, PSA can/will continue to raise their costs. Why wouldn't they?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Until demand starts to decrease, PSA can/will continue to raise their costs. Why wouldn't they? >>

+1

Besides, what would submitters do if they didn't have the chance to complain, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yet PSA continues to get submissions coming in at a record rate year over year, so obviously people don't really mind the wait when it comes down to it. >>

Of course people mind. Some of the people that complain about turnaround times continue to submit, some don't. I'm pretty confident that widespread acceptance of poor turnaround times isn't a factor in PSA's growth. >>

I don't know why, but I read the 2 words "poor turnaround" as pool tournament.....OMG. I should probably see someone about that.
  • Options
    macboubemacboube Posts: 336 ✭✭
    No complaints here re. lead times.....................always 5 to 15 business days for me. DOn't know if this matters, but I sub 50 - 200 cards every six weeks regularly.
  • Options
    That's interesting because I am just starting to send in 50-200 cards every four to six weeks it will be interesting to see if my wait times decrease from when I sent in a couple times per year.
  • Options
    -Aries
    The Zodiac Collection
    My PC: The Zodiac Collection
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know how frequently PSA runs a special for oversized/supersized items under the monthly specials? These large cards can start to pile up when they're not included with the usual specials for submittal.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    All I can say about the January specials is this is the longest I have had to wait for my Sub to be logged in.its always been 3 or 4 days after they recieve it.Been over a week.Since 2005 never this long.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    The best you will get is the current $14 special. I don't remember ever seeing a T3 special. They will charge you T3 rates for modern cards that are T3 sized. T3 is a generic size to them, not what a collector would call a real T3.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's