Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Quick Submission Question

I have a few dzn coins I want to get mailed off Monday prior to the price increase. I don't really have time to call PCGS Monday since Post Office closing early. It's gotta be boxed up tonight. yeah, I know, I'm a procrastinator.

The 2012 fees for economy is $18 each / modern is $14

Question is :

I have only 5 moderns, can I submit them on the same form with all the classics and pay $18 each , so that they can all be mailed back to me in one shipment ? saving an extra return shiping fee and handling fee.

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but the problem is I think the fees will be assessed at the rate in effect when they receive the submission.
    In other words that boat has already sailed.

I just looked at the email they sent with the new fees and it says effective 1 Jan 2013. I don't think they work like the IRS.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a few dzn coins I want to get mailed off Monday prior to the price increase. I don't really have time to call PCGS Monday since Post Office closing early. It's gotta be boxed up tonight. yeah, I know, I'm a procrastinator.

The 2012 fees for economy is $18 each / modern is $14

Question is :

I have only 5 moderns, can I submit them on the same form with all the classics and pay $18 each , so that they can all be mailed back to me in one shipment ? saving an extra return shiping fee and handling fee. >>

Yes. You can "overpay on purpose" as you are asking.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

Thank you for your responses.

Just for those in the same boat. I did confirm with PCGS Friday that so long as it's Postmarked 12/31 the 2012 fees will remain in effect.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file