Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grading Opinion 1975 Topps Danny Frisella very low POP... Added another shot of the card

I sent this card back in to PSA for another shot. Just curious on what you guys think its grade will be.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/scan343.jpg/]image[/URL]

Here is another shot of it

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/scan00343.jpg/]image[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's at least a strong 8. Registration is less than ideal, but I can see it grading 8.5. Are the white marks in the scan on the card surface? If not, it might have a shot at Mint 9.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    On 1975 cards with this color combo (blue/green) the player's name is positioned lower than normal on all other cards from this set. It looks OC T/B, but if you look at space between team name and top edge, you will see that the card is actually very nicely centered (centering on bottom should be gauged from the ball). If the grader is not familiar with this anomaly, however, they may downgrade it without knowing any better.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8. The white dots kill the card at PSA. Ive sent in several that look Gem but get 7-8s because of a handful of white specs.
  • Options

<< <i>8. The white dots kill the card at PSA. Ive sent in several that look Gem but get 7-8s because of a handful of white specs. >>

Agree that the surface issues are this card's greatest detriment. Not enough for a PD qualifier, but that would explain why it was graded lower
    than you had hoped in the first place.

• Options
    SmokieSmokie Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    To be honest Tim I don't remember if the white spots are on my scanner or not, its posible.
    I just feel or at least I hope I have a shot at a 9.

Actually the cards looks better than the scan, its more colorful.

When I get it back from PSA I'll post it.
  • Options
    min size req. JK that is what I would get if I sent it in. LOL
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    FWIW, I've seen 10s that have such spots. I would think that's a 9 about 50% of the time, yeah? Looks like a very nice card. Well worth the resubbing for sure.

With my luck I get 7.5 if I sub that. Maybe an 8.
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it's just your scanner, but I think what will hold it to an 8 at best is the bleeding of yellow ink into the green border area below and to the right of the baseball. I actually think you run the risk of the card coming back in a 7 holder because of that bleed. But, good luck! I agree that the coloring in the photo part of the card is exceptionally strong and very nice.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    psa grades this and several others of this color combo on the centering of the name, not the baseball. once i understood that, i graded 3 frisella mini 9s in one sub when the existing pop was 3 at the time. i had a similar experience on dick bosman.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    top to bottom centering is 67 -33. You are not getting a 10 with that.......and not likely a 9 either.

PSA 8.5 is the best you can get.......

but the cards other flaws put it at PSA 8.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete