Home Precious Metals
Options

Federal Judge Dismisses Silver Manipulation Lawsuit Against JP Morgan 12/30/12

An update, the final nail in the coffin, it's over.

A federal judge has dismissed the class-action silver market-rigging lawsuit against J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. that was brought a year ago in September, ruling that the complaint lacked the specifics and claims of bad intent necessary to be allowed to proceed to trial. The dismissal was ordered a week ago by Judge Robert P. Patterson Jr. in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. The judge gave the plaintiffs 30 days to show cause why they should be allowed to file a substitute complaint.

The judge begins on Page 19 to enumerate the deficiencies he found in the complaint. Interestingly, the judge also writes on Page 19, “JPMorgan declines to challenge that it possessed the ability to influence market prices.”

From SilverDoctors -

federal-judge-dismisses-silver-manipulation-lawsuit-against-jp-morgan

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now this just throws more wood on the conspiracy/manipulation fire.

Just buy PMs for what they are and dont be concerned with all this "noise". Silver went from $4 to $50. That was a great investment. Now find the next one.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like having to play checkers against an opponent who gets to use chess pieces and chess rules.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just looked up his bio.....

89 years old!! and still working (for who!!).

I must have the wrong person.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the heck wouldn't this judge retire thirty years ago and enjoy life on the golf course?

Honestly, I completely don't understand people who work until their dying day, (but then again maybe he does play golf 3 times a week and on top of that gets paid millions for his 'wise and just rulings').
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)