Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Book value of 1980-81 Topps Basketball Team Posters Set?

Anybody have a Standard Catalog of Basketball Cards or a Tuff Stuff Basketball price guide? I was just curious as to the book value of a 1980-81 Topps Basketball Team Posters Set. Mine is in factory fresh MINT condition, except for centering. I would appreciate any help. One sold for $16+ on Ebay, but my set is in better condition. Just curious. Thanks.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Shane,
    Does yours have the folds or did you acquire them "out of the pack"?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    I'm guessing you mean the Team Pin-ups.
    You both got me thinking about mine. I haven't looked at them in 20 years, had them stacked up in a pile about 3" high. Mine are 79-80 hockey and 80-81 basketball.
    I could only put together 3 hockey sets as I only have 3 Kings. I have about 10-12 of the rest.
    Basketball I don't have any Lakers and only one Celtics, at least 7-8 of the rest.

All of mine have creases and centering is awful! I see there isn't much market for these.

I also have one football, Jack Clancy, 16 of 16. Don't know the year. It's condition is poor.

Thanks for spurring my interest in these!
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Shane,
    Does yours have the folds or did you acquire them "out of the pack"? >>

They do have the factory folds, but are otherwise crease free and very crisp. Centering is inconsistent. I think they are a neat, oddball item. Anybody have the book value?

Shane

• Options
    I would think the ebay prices are more accurate than any "book value" would be. They aren't rare or in high demand so the $8-15 you see on ebay is about right.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would think the ebay prices are more accurate than any "book value" would be. They aren't rare or in high demand so the $8-15 you see on ebay is about right. >>

Oh, I realize that. Just curious as to book value. I never go by it.

Shane