Home Sports Talk
Options

Baseball spring training is only a month and a half away.

pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
I am getting excited already!

Anybody else?

Comments

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just started planning our Peoria, AZ trip, to watch the lowly Seattle M's. This is our 12th year in a row. Can't wait!

Love the desert in the Spring.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    I have a winter home about 20 minutes south of Fort Myers. Never been, but I do plan on going to see a game at the new Fenway South. I heard its a great park.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Canadians should have a very good reason for excitement this year!!
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Canadians should have a very good reason for excitement this year!! >>

Very interested in how the Jays will do this coming year. Should be exciting.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking just this thing today while I was watching the broadcast of the WVU-Syracuse game at NYS.
  • Options
    We shall see what happens with the Jays .

The Sox tried that with a whole bunch of prima donnas and it did not work out very well.

Sometimes 25 players, with attitudes in 25 different cabs going someplace, just don't seem to arrive at the same place at the same time.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>We just started planning our Peoria, AZ trip, to watch the lowly Seattle M's. This is our 12th year in a row. Can't wait!

Love the desert in the Spring.

Dave >>

At least we get the Astros a few times this year, that should help
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    I'm certainly getting excited! About a week away I'm always pretty anxious!

Justin
  • Options
    Best time of year. My birthday is March 1st and my office is 3 miles from the Phillies and about 4 miles to the Blue Jays.

February 28th is Braves at Phillies and March 1st is Rays at Jays. Can't wait!
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>We shall see what happens with the Jays .

The Sox tried that with a whole bunch of prima donnas and it did not work out very well.

Sometimes 25 players, with attitudes in 25 different cabs going someplace, just don't seem to arrive at the same place at the same time. >>

They did win two WS recently. That strikes me as working out pretty well.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>We shall see what happens with the Jays .

Sometimes 25 players, with attitudes in 25 different cabs going someplace, just don't seem to arrive at the same place at the same time. >>

They did win two WS recently. That strikes me as working out pretty well. >>

Yes, they did win 2 world series but it was after that that they went crazy signing all the prima donna's which did not work out at all.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Go Blue Jays
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    November through mid February must be a very lonely time for hard core baseball fans.

Of course the same thing can be said from early February through the end of July for hardcore football fans.

Basketball and Hockey. Who cares.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still in "the jury is out mode". I have no clue (nor do the Red Sox) what the starting lineup is gonna be this year. I suspect more deals are in the works.

I think I'm more curious at this point than excited. Could well be the Fenway sell-out streak is in danger. Don't forget, uber-toad will be pitching...aka John Lackey. Farrel might be the bright spot, but we'll see.

Happy New Year guys.