Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    They come with COA and matching holograms. So where do I send all of my money?
    Looking to buy/trade for any Holman Moody (NASCAR) related items you may have.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Two Michael Jordan autoes for $85!!!!
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options

<< <i>Two Michael Jordan autoes for $85!!!! >>

Holy crap all of those are bad.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    WTF is Fay Cut?
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I believe anybody buying an autograph, ANY autograph, is taking a chance on authenticity... unless you actually saw the person sign it in person with your own two eyes.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys like this make me mad. I purchased a legit 30,000 signed card collection two years ago and am in the process of selling them on Ebay and elsewhere. Just looking at the Pujols and the Jordans make me sick. The aren't even close. Guys like this must be stopped, but how do you do it?

One possible solution lies with companies like PSA and JSA. Authentication is the way to go, but when a card cost $15 to $20 each to authenticate, it really isn't feasible for every autograph. Yes, high end autos are ok for that price, but most autographs do not pay off to get authenticated.

Shane

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Every single one of those autos is bad and clearly signed by the same person. If you look at his feedback history all of those signatures are bad too. My real question is, what is wrong with the people that are buying this crap and leaving him possitive feedback.
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    Even the POS Mark Price auto is fake! WTF?
  • Options
    Appears the signer had only one pen as well..........................
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Always a GREAT sign when the Authentication Company has a UPS store as it's address!!!!! image
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    I emailed the seller for more info and they replied "Thank you for contacting us. We have a over several thousand autographs in our inventory including dozens of Ruths, Cobbs, Mantles, DiMaggios, Jordans ect. We will be adding more fantastic deals on eBay soon as well as some rather rare signatures including Mike King Kelly, Dutch Clark, Joe Jackson and many more. Happy Holidays."
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    I love how the listings say "we get several offers so the only way to make us an offer on the card is to be the high bidder...wait if you buy it for 20 bucks your legally bound to pay that price because of ebay fees, and on the other end why would you offer him more for something you've won anyway? what a dumb pos, hes raking in cash with no consequence...
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I emailed the seller for more info and they replied "Thank you for contacting us. We have over several thousand autographs in our inventory including dozens of Ruths, Cobbs, ect. " >>

Sure ... there are MANY dealers that have DOZENS of Ruth and Cobb autos! image
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    "I GET ALOT OF EMAILS WITH OFFERS AN BUY IT NOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS ITEM NOW TO BE FAIR YOU MUST FIRST BE THE HIGHEST BIDDER ON THIS ITEM AN THEN YOU CAN EMAIL WITH YOUR OFFER"

huh?