Home Precious Metals
Options

Buying for my kiddos

Hi fellas (and maybe ladies?), I don't do the metals at all, however my gramps had several eagles and bars for me when he passed away. In a time of desperation, they got sold, however I'd like to have something similar for my kids. Not necessarily for investment, but for a memento. What might be the best place to purchase? The bay, or some other online site?

Thanks,
Carlton

Comments

• Options
    the bay is overpriced for most metals. I would try Provident metals, apmex, goldmart, the BST here, silvertowne, gainesville, MCM, kitco or your local B&M. compare a few to get the best price for what you are looking for and remember to factor in shipping charges as some places are more than others.
    good luck
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Maybe something like a gold or silver eagle from their birth year would be nice.
    Becky
  • Options
    Look in your phone book under coin shops, give them a visit...
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Look in your phone book under coin shops, give them a visit... >>

Only ONE in my area, and their hours make it tough for me to make it there- I'm at home with the kids, and they don't want them in there due to their age.

Anyhow, thank you ALL for the input, I'll check out all the referrals!! image
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    four coin gold eagle set for their birth year. You can do proofs or non-proofs or both. Try moderncoinmart.com, they are also on ebay.

PS: Another currency dude migrates. Welcome.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to paypal/cc stuff do an online order vs all that ebay mess and save yourself any worry.
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    How about gold on their Golden birthday? That's what we did for ours.