Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Dropping out of the 1972 Topps Baseball Race

I am dropping out of the 1972 Topps Baseball Race. It has become too expensive and I just can't keep up with the time and effort of bidding, uploading photos and trying to compete with Frank, Eric, Mike, Carlos, Neil and Jim.

Now seems the right time to sell off the cards on ebay. I'm going to start uploading the 500 plus cards that I have tonight and continue until they are all listed.

I know that some of you have had an interest in some of the cards. I wanted to give you a heads up.

One card of note is the Tom Haller In Action Card listed in PSA 8. This has a very low Population.

Sorry to be doing this, but some other personal matters have come up with the wife's health and I need to tend to her and my children who are 11 and 13.

It's been a lot of fun and I've really enjoyed the friendships that I have made.

Dale
1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
#15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
#23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired

Comments

• Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    Dale, I'm sorry to hear about your wife's health troubles. I certainly hope everything turns out fine.

Good luck with all of your sales.

• Options
    Best wishes to you and your family

Paul
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    Yes, best wishes and good luck with the sale.
    "We don't own these cards, we just hold them for awhile." -- Jay of Quality Cards
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Dale,

Sorry to see you go. Hope all goes well with you and your family. At the very least, you can still come here and chat with the rest of us idiots - and thats free!

Best of luck and you're in our prayers.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Sometimes life happens while we are busy making other plans. Best of luck to you and your family.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Dale,

We grew up on this set together! I hate to see you go, but understand the commitment to family. After all, that is why we are here on this earth. With both of us being from NE Ohio, I extent my hand in friendship. Drop me a line if there is anything that you need. We would be glad to help.

Kindest Regards,

Carlos
  • Options
    Dale,

Thanks for your inspiration. You and the other 72' comrades have given me the spirit to jump in and work this set. Hope all continues to be well for you and your family. God Bless.

RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Dale,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I wish you and your family the best.