Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody ever see a card like this?

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but I have never seen a card like this. Is there any extra value to it? Probably not.

If you will look closely, there is the back of a card lightly printed on the front. The "back" printing on the front of this card is for card #136, which is Darrel Chaney. So the front of this card has both the back and the front printed on the front.

Even if it doesn't have any value, I thought it was neat.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that still considered a ghost image even if it's the stats?
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Wet transfer... Usually transferred when the sheets are stacked before ink has dried. You'll get back images on fronts and front images on backs depending upon which ink is still wet.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also came across another interesting 1972 Topps card - a Jim Lefebvre. It looks like it has a coating on it - like gloss. Is that common? Did someone spread something on it? Is that something from the factory?

Shane

• Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    I have three 72's just like yours, and a 70.

• Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wet transfer... Usually transferred when the sheets are stacked before ink has dried. You'll get back images on fronts and front images on backs depending upon which ink is still wet. >>

Yep...wet sheet transfer. Not much value to them as they are really printing flaws than anything else. Some might pay a premium but not much of one.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!