Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Streak Broken but not Without Trying.*UPDATE* Card Arrived!

I've been lucky enough to get baseball cards or a card every Christmas since I was 8 thanks to my family. I turned 50 last month so it's been going on for awhile, except for this year. My wife secretly purchased a card that supposedly was to be delivered on the 21st but it never arrived, although the delivery confirmation says it did. She has been in contact with dealer Mike DeNero to get to the bottom of it to now avail. Credit to Mike for being nice and very cooperative about the whole thing. I have never had this happen in all the days of buying cards and wonder what you guys think may have gone wrong here. We are going to hold out a few more days to see if it shows up. Thanks. Doug

Comments

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Doug, do you get PO box or home delivery?

Also, do not wait to file your issue through the usps website. I had a similar issue and I waited to see if it would show up. When I filed my case through the usps website they had it resolved the next day. Mine also showed delivery and it turns out they marked it delivered and then delivered it to the ups store. None of this was indicated on the website but they clearly had tracking records for it. The fact that a carrier marked it delivered at what seems to be after they completed their daily run isnt good. Was it a card or a box?

Hope you get it back, I'm sure your wife is more dissapointed than you are.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Home delivery, and someone was here at all times. Plus other packages came during that period.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Do you remember being home last Friday at 4:30 in the afternoon?
  • Options
    We were home and it was the first day of my vacation. Of course I stayed home while my wife shopped. LOL. We got another package that day but not the card.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Very odd....the last time that happened to me, the Post Master put it in the wrong PO Box. DC showed the package delivered, but they delivered it to the wrong box. Is it possible the postman delivered your package to a neighbors house by mistake, therefore showing the package as delivered but it mistakenly went to the wrong house like my package went to the wrong box?
  • Options

<< <i>Doug, do you get PO box or home delivery?

Also, do not wait to file your issue through the usps website. I had a similar issue and I waited to see if it would show up. When I filed my case through the usps website they had it resolved the next day. Mine also showed delivery and it turns out they marked it delivered and then delivered it to the ups store. None of this was indicated on the website but they clearly had tracking records for it. The fact that a carrier marked it delivered at what seems to be after they completed their daily run isnt good. Was it a card or a box?

Hope you get it back, I'm sure your wife is more dissapointed than you are. >>

Thanks for the info. It was a single card BTW.
  • Options
    I've checked with some neighbors but not all, as some are out of town. Nothing.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Do you have the same carrier daily? If so, tell him what the website shows and see what he says. Best of luck to you.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Do you have the same carrier daily? If so, tell him what the website shows and see what he says. Best of luck to you. >>

Doug, I stopped the guy today and he did deliver that day to our house but doesn't remember what I assume was a padded envelope. Those guys go through so much mail the last few weeks I didn't really expect him to remember it. Thanks for the kind words.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Doug, do you get PO box or home delivery?

Hope you get it back, I'm sure your wife is more dissapointed than you are. >>

Thanks for the info. It was a single card BTW. >>

Thats actually good because it's not like it would have been left outside or you having to deal with someone saying it was left outside. The individual post outlets get rated on issues filed and how quickly they get resolved. I think you might be surprised at how seriously it's taken, it's like calling in a 911. Personally I would avoid talking to the carrier directly.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Do you have the same carrier daily? If so, tell him what the website shows and see what he says. Best of luck to you. >>

Doug, I stopped the guy today and he did deliver that day to our house but doesn't remember what I assume was a padded envelope. Those guys go through so much mail the last few weeks I didn't really expect him to remember it. Thanks for the kind words. >>

You need to immediately contact the main post office number....not your local post office, but the main national line they have.

Screwy stuff has been going on for me too.....

I used that main line and an investigation was opened when I had a package showing out for delivery for two straight days but did not arrive. For whatever reason, it got returned to the sender. I had the sender overnight it to me(it was an item I urgently needed) and he did so. Yet it still did not arrive. However, this time I was able to go to the post office and a worker there gave it to me. I told her the whole story and she said she would ask the postman why it didn't arrive either time.
  • Options
    Well, it took a while but my Christmas gift finally arrived.......on January 3rd! While traveling to D.C. to cover the Seahawk/Redskins game last week I received a text and picture from my family with a picture of the kids and a small almost forgotten card. The '52 Joe Collins

was there waiting on the porch for them almost two weeks after the delivery confirmation date. Whew! The Christmas gift is still alive. The funny part is when my wife checked the voicemail, there was a message from the post office stating they could not find the card and

they were sorry that it probably won't be found. I think someone, somewhere got the card delivered to their house and maybe they were on vacation or just now got around to drop it off. Everything is good again. Doug

• Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Great news!

One day, I predict delivery employees will be required to wear GPS recordable devices like cops to avoid incompetence but mainly fraud. >>

It would be nice. Also, the package couldn't have been more clearly marked. I got the card so I'm happy.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    So happy for you Doug! Nice to see you got that card . ENJOY!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.