Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A #2 Hulk Hogan PSA 9 Mint.....

This is the newest addition to my collection and the best Hulk Hogan card I own.

I wanted a PSA 9 Mint example that had 50/50 centering. This is a total blazer!!!

There are no PSA 10's and this is as close to one as you can get!

When I was interviewed for the SMR I indicated I personally did not believe one would ever surface and as you can see from this example it is held back from the top to bottom centering.

This example has razor sharp corners, no chipping on the back, fantastic surface, 50/50 centering from side to side and just a fraction off top to bottom.

I paid a record price for this card and I am thrilled to add this one to the Dpeck100 collection.

Here are the scans.

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    That's a monster of a card. Congrats!!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Nice pickup, David. Good for you for finding a card that YOU liked better, despite not picking up any registry points for it.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    is the T/B really THAT bad on this card? looks good
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it is not bad at all but just a fraction off. There are no yellow cards from either of the first two sets to ever grade a PSA 10 and it is just because of the placement on the sheet or the way they were cut. Not really sure.

If this card had PSA 10 on it no one would question it. It is that nice.

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Great looking card! Congrats!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Real nice Dave ... AMAZING looking card. Hope you got it for a lot less than the guy was asking on eBay!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Huge card, D! Great addition!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    That's a great looking Hogan. Thanks for sharing.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options
    Great card. image

I look at these on ebay every now and then, and I don't recall ever seeing one with perfect top to bottom centering.

I'd like to find a nice raw Hogan to add to the Flair I pinched from David the other month.

• Options
    Here is another scan of the card.

• Options
    KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    Nice card. Congrats. These are the two best centered Hogan's from my collection, but they don't compare to yours.

the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Congrats adding an amazing card to your collection!
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    Very nice. Congrats! Here's the auction scan as well.
    Those corners look dangerous!!

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Those corners look dangerous!! >>

Agreed. Truly a monster card here.

David...be honest...did you do the Hogan poses when you won?
  • Options
    TheHallmark LOL image

When I ripped open the package and saw the card I said hell yeah!!!!

The scan from the auction looks to have the colors enhanced and the card more closely resembles the scan I made but it does indeed show off just how strong the corners are.

I have purchased a number of nice cards from this seller and we had been in contact about the card for the past few months so I was very aware it existed and knew I wanted it from his description of the card.

The seller has subbed quite a few cards from the three Wrestling All Stars sets and was very aware how tough this card is and that was reflected in the price I paid.

There was no fire sale here.
  • Options
    Awesome card, best I've seen so far!
    Greatly overpaying for a 2000 Fleer Showcase Tom Brady PSA 10
  • Options
    I am always on the look out for issues of The Wrestling News or related magazines that feature the photos used for The Wrestling All Stars.

Here is the first time I believe the Hulk Hogan photo was ever used. This is from 1980 and it does not specify what month it is but judging by the issue number I believe it be early 1980. I was still in diapers! image

The Fabulous Hulk Hogan.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Awesome card. With corners that sharp... Do you think this card came from the wrestlingprints.com stash? I really need to step up and get one a 82 hogan.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    No. This card came from some high priced sealed sets that were busted in the past year.

It is wild how after the move higher in price for the cards that there is essentially no supply of sealed sets from the 1982 Series A and B hitting EBAY.

Some of the early cards graded certainly came from that stash and since the cards were left for dead by the creator of the cards there was never a thought of card grading by the seller.