Home Sports Talk
Options

No More Madden curse?

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
Calvin Johnson this years Madden Cover player and he breaks Jerry Rices Single Season Receiving record.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, but his team sucks
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>yeah, but his team sucks >>

Not his fault.

He is must see TV. It reminds me of the Barry Sanders era.

The last three weeks have been crazy with Pettigrew, Burleson, Young and Broyles all out and teams double and tripling Megatron and they still can't stop him most of the time. It's Johnson and Heller, Schleffler and Bull Durham( practice squad) lining up.

I thought Jerry Rice's comments were as classy as could be. Rice understands greatness.

Calvin goes over 2000 yards next week.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    His season includes two games of less than 50 yards (46 vs SEA, 34 vs CHI) and a game of just 54 which makes the feat even move impressive. Good job to Calvin Johnson!
  • Options
    Not to mention, the Lions lead the world in dropped passes, including 1 or 2 per game by Calvin. Stafford could be closer to 6000 yards and Calvin closer to 2500..... But, no matter where the Lions go, there they are to lose it on some stupidity.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    The curse doesn't exist in the traditional injury sense but in other ways it still does. The Lions are 4-11 going on 4-12 on the year although they are arguably the best 4-11 team in a long time. At the beginning of the season almost everybody expected them to be 11-5 or better and in playoff contention. I haven't seen the stats but it also seems like a lot of the pass attempts to him happen in garbage time.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The curse doesn't exist in the traditional injury sense but in other ways it still does. The Lions are 4-11 going on 4-12 on the year although they are arguably the best 4-11 team in a long time. At the beginning of the season almost everybody expected them to be 11-5 or better and in playoff contention. I haven't seen the stats but it also seems like a lot of the pass attempts to him happen in garbage time. >>

You have a couple of announcers spinning it that way. He has about 800 yards in the first half and almost 1100 in the second half. The Lions were in position to win in all of those games through 3 quarters and wel into the 4th and OT in a few. Yes, in the 4th it's Calvin Johnson time. You can't stop him on some plays. At the end of the day Calvin is a beast and a heck of a nice young man. A class act on a team solely lacking that attribute from others.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    They were pretty cursed on Thanksgiving image NO COACH DONT THROW THE FLAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They were pretty cursed on Thanksgiving image NO COACH DONT THROW THE FLAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG >>

I disagree with the rule and hope they'll reconsider it this off-season.

Having said that, I'm glad he did throw the flag.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts