Home Autographs Forum
Options

FINALLY FOUND! App. 10+ Year Collection Completed.

Hi all, HI Marty image

Well, finally!!! After many years of searching for true 1967-68 vintage b/w signed fan club photo of DeForest Kelley as Dr. McCoy, and losing out on the last one due the the Sandy Storm (sniper did not snip, closed for $30!!!) I have found not one but two that fit my vintage Trek collection! An 8x10 and a standard fan club 5x7 of McCoy, same image, signed to the Star Trek set nurse! One says "Dear Doris, every time I see you I am forced to drop my pants! Dr. McCoy DeForest Kelley" and the 5x7 reads "Doris, you are the best nurse I have ever had! Dr. McCoy P.S. Thanks!" - these are stupendous finds to me signed in character, especially the second one. That makes three I have signed also in character name. These two McCoy's date to 1967 and are the earliest McCoy SP's I have ever seen apart from two 1948 Kelley postcards which were invaluable for authenticating this 1967 lot. This would never pass PSA/DNA. Same goes for my Kirk and Spock - earliest I have seen. The person who sold me the McCoy's had a similar Spock SP. It looked bad. I looked again - it was signed by DeForest Kelley for Nimoy! Same letter formations, his tone, the curves, and it was in Kelley's green ink (Spock has green blood!). I have no one to tell these stories to who would appreciate them - hope you do! image

A search under "Star Trek" in this forum will show my past collection with scans. It has now been augmented with a 1976 SP of Walter Koening (Checkov) and a full set of Langley and Associates lithographs of the original series. I am keeping the shot of the opening credits with show title and Enterprise in orbit (that famous opening scene) and a full cast shot on the bridge but not the the one that is well known - in this one vantage is a touch to the right and no one is smiling at all.

Best Wishes,
Eric

Comments

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Eric! Nice find! I think the Spock signed by Kelley is pretty cool. I find it quite interesting when these type of items turn up. There are numerous sets of Beatles autographs that have three "forged"signatures added by the lone true signer. And, I'll bet you enjoy the hunt at least as much as you enjoy owning the item.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow Eric! Nice find! I think the Spock signed by Kelley is pretty cool. I find it quite interesting when these type of items turn up. There are numerous sets of Beatles autographs that have three "forged"signatures added by the lone true signer. And, I'll bet you enjoy the hunt at least as much as you enjoy owning the item. >>

Thanks Marty! Yes, the Spock is neat. I like the green part. I enjoy the hunt but this one was LONG. Either this cast did not sign much early on or no one is letting vintage stuff go. One other reason the survival rate is so low is that the first sets of photos made for the first signings (in stores etc.), before the 5x7 b/w glossies was used - well, those early pictures were printed on very cheap quality sulfurous paper akin to a thin paper garbage bag. We know how fast those deteriorate.

<< <i>"There are numerous sets of Beatles autographs that have three "forged"signatures added by the lone true signer." >>

Or all four by Mal Evans or the other guy, Neil Aspinall (sp?)! image What do think of R.E. and his rock and roll certs?

Happy Holidays to you and your family Marty!!!!!

Eric image