Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I've confirmed I'm a Darksider

Results to the latest Heritage poll:

Which of the following would you rather see in your Christmas stocking?

1909-S VDB cent, AU:
12%

An uncirculated Saint-Gaudens double eagle:
38%

A run of uncirculated Carson City dollars dated 1881-1885:
28%

Your Answer - An Athenian silver owl decadrachm:
15%

An uncirculated Lafayette dollar:
8%

Obscurum per obscurius

Comments

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Shiro-sighting............................a ghost of Christmas past!
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Boy, everyone is coming out of the woodwork!
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't take this poll (I used to in the past), but in this case, I would have chosen the unc Saint, which is Darkside to me. Had I chosen the Athenian decadrachm (as if the 6-7 figure value doesn't put it in an all different place outside the rest of the other coins), and if hypothetically it was sent to me for free, I'd be sending you postcards from the local prison, unless I had donated it to a local museum after being submitted to an excruciating interrogation as to its provenance. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    That is nice that so many nations in Europe/Asia have decided that the state gets everything first and its citizens can explain away possession second. Talk about rendering unto Caesar...
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Shiro-sighting............................a ghost of Christmas past! >>

I'll say! Wow! And not even a resurrected thread ... it's a CURRENT sighting!

PS- it would have to be the Owl for me, too, hands down. But nobody needs to ask that. Even if there had been other Darkside options, I might still have gone with the Owl.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    In keeping with the semi-Darkside theme, I'll hope for a nice gem uncirculated Lafayette dollar.
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I didn't take this poll (I used to in the past), but in this case, I would have chosen the unc Saint, which is Darkside to me. Had I chosen the Athenian decadrachm (as if the 6-7 figure value doesn't put it in an all different place outside the rest of the other coins), and if hypothetically it was sent to me for free, I'd be sending you postcards from the local prison, unless I had donated it to a local museum after being submitted to an excruciating interrogation as to its provenance. image >>

If I ever get one, I'll pay cash at a show so the Greek government can't track me down to "repatriate" it.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    I would for sure take the decadrachm as well. I've wanted one since I first saw one in a black and white auction catalog.

Lord Marcovan! It is a Christmas miracle!
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Hands down gotta be the dekadrachm, certainly in my top 5 all time favorites. Not only the most valuable, by far, its the only hand struck and by far the most historical. If provenance is an issue, I'd just keep my mouth shut! And (hope I don't insult anyone here) what fool would take an AU lincoln "penny" over this?

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!