Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Posting photos in a message

I have some Flickr coin photos I'd like to post with a message on the board, but cannot figure out how to get them into a message - any advice? (BTW, this should not be this difficult!!)

Thanks.

Comments

• JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how flicker works, but with photobucket it's really simple. What you are doing is using the "img" code, for example:

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/jcm9371/Coins/British Coins/1697GB6DMS63OBV.jpg[/IMG , I've taken out the leading and trailing bracket so you can see what it looks like.

With the brackets in place you get this:

Alternatively if you look at the top line when you are posting you have B I U then a picture button, if you click the picture button it has a pop up and you can simply insert the url of the image. It's easiest to have the image open in another browser window then just copy and paste the url into the pop up box.
  • gscoinsgscoins Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. When I paste the URL and type the message that goes with it, then try to preview the message (to make sure the pix are there), all I get is a blank preview screen. I could use some additional advice here. Thanks again.
  • harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I post from Flickr.

You view the photo you want to post on the Flickr website.
    Click the Actions pull down menu.
    Click View All Sizes.
    Click the size you want.
    Right click the image.
    Click Copy Image Address.

Click the Image icon above the Message Text window in the Collectors Forums website. Presumably, you will have one window showing Flickr; a second showing Forums.
    Paste image address into the pop up window and click OK.
    Voila!

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preview function is not working anymore. Only when you post you see the images..
  • worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    There is also a test forum here for you to experiment with posts.