Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Selling coins in registry sets

Please remove your coins you are selling before you list them. If they dont sell you can add them back easy. And if they do sell the winner can add them once paid for.
KEEP ON TRUCKIN

Comments

• STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

<< <i>Please remove your coins you are selling before you list them. If they dont sell you can add them back easy. And if they do sell the winner can add them once paid for. >>

Silly. Why give yourself (the seller) more work than you need to when there's no guarantee the coin will sell! Keep the coin in your set until it has officially sold!
  • Stone is right, there is no need to move your coin to your sold inventory until it actually is sold.

However, I always delete a coin from my inventory when I put it up for sale, because I am always afraid I will forget when the coin is sold.

I hate it when I buy a coin and can't get it in. Most of the time I have to send in scans to PCGS to get it released. A big hassle!
  • I agree with Stone. I always remove once the coin is purchased or once a bid has been made on it on eBay, knowing it will sell once the auction has ended.

It is also common courtesy to remove your coins, once sold, so the buyer does not have to nag the previous owner and PCGS to remove the coins for them.
  • jay1187jay1187 Posts: 147 ✭✭
    thats my gripe they list them on teletrade , they sell them and dont remove them from there sets, if your listing them on the bay with no reserve , please remove them.
    KEEP ON TRUCKIN
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Please remove your coins you are selling before you list them. If they dont sell you can add them back easy. And if they do sell the winner can add them once paid for. >>

Silly. Why give yourself (the seller) more work than you need to when there's no guarantee the coin will sell! Keep the coin in your set until it has officially sold! >>

What STONE said. Remove them only after they sell. Some people build sets with ripped off cert numbers. If you release the cert only after it is sold there is actually less greif. Just remember to remove it.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• I take a different approach depending upon the venue of sale (which, in part, is dictated by the value of the coin). When consigning a (generally) higher value coin to a reputable auction house, I will typically release the coin from my inventory upon consignment as, for the most part, I consider the coin sold at the time of consignment, with only the amount of the sale being left to be determined. Only once has a consigned coin been returned to me, and that was due to my inadvertently consigning the wrong coin. When listing (generally) lower value coins on ebay, I will release the coin upon receipt of payment and delivery (to common carrier such as FedEx, UPS, USPS).

From a registry standpoint, one can use the 'For Sale' designation in the 'Location' column of 'My Inventory' to indicate coins that are available for sale and separating them from 'active' inventory without deleting them. Upon completion of sale (however one might define that), coin certs can be removed simply my changing location from 'For Sale' to 'Sold'.
  • It's not a big deal for me (usually the buyer).

I just click the option to notify the user, it's removed pretty quick.
    J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Agreeing with Stone, et al.

I remove coins from my registries immediately
    after they sell at auction. However, when I consign
    to a dealer, I remove the cert. numbers once I am
    advised the coin sold.

I have tried listing newps numerous times and was
    advised that the cert. number belonged to someone
    else. A few times, knowing the seller personally, I just
    ask that they delete the purchase - occasionally, finding out
    that never registered the coin. Knowing who the dealer
    bought it from, I have PM'd the original seller and usually
    the it's straighten out. PCGS must hear from the "registered"
    owner. One previous owner never got back to PCGS and I had
    to send images of the OBV & Rev to the Registry administrator.

Knowing what a pain it is to register a coin, I try and stay on top of it.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases