Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Two pop 1 full step jeffersons finally surface 1960D & 1961D

Congratulations to Nevadaman Collection - just listed the 1960D and 1961D both in full steps and the only two full steps for these dates ever by PCGS!!

A truly impressive collection and probably will be the first ever to assemble a complete set of full step nickels. Only two coins seem to present the ultimate final challenge - 1938 D & S with no coins ever certified by PCGS in full steps.

Frank
(The Corso Collection) Always looking for high quality proof and full step Jeffersons - email me with details

My Jefferson Full Step Variety Set (1938 - Current)

My Jefferson Proof Variety Set (1938 - Current)

Comments

• Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    Awesome!

And great to hear from you Frank! Haven't seen you around much!
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • Options
    Congats to Navadaman, been looking for those two forever it seems like, I AM IMPRESSED.

EASTSIDE

Promote The Hobbyimage
    Promote The Hobby and Make it a Positive Experience for all, Remember That this Hobby Can Be Fun & Profitable & Profit is Always FUN
  • Options
    Can someone explain how a '38 could be full steps? Or do they just mean a great strike. I thought the steps were not fully defined on the '38 dies?
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would have better luck finding a 64 peace dollar,unless someone is "tooling around"imageimage.Al
  • Options
    Carl:

Only the 1938P has obtained the full step designation. The reverse of 38 (wavy steps) can be found on the 39 business strike and 1940 proof. In both cases the 38 reverse is the rarer of the varieties. PCGS does not attribute the 1939 with the reverse of 38 but does the 1940 proof (optional variety).

The 38 reverse is typically referred to a wavy steps as opposed to straight steps. Since the steps are wavy they typically merge and therefore do not merit full step designation.

Frank
    (The Corso Collection) Always looking for high quality proof and full step Jeffersons - email me with details

My Jefferson Full Step Variety Set (1938 - Current)

My Jefferson Proof Variety Set (1938 - Current)
  • Options
    Thanks Frank. I was going by my proofs and the steps look like they merge. That is why I was wondering how that design could get "full steps" even if fully struck.
  • Options
    STOCKFORDSTOCKFORD Posts: 1,328 ✭✭
    way to go nevadaman!!! those two nickels have given us hope that a full set of full step nickels can be acheived.
    Iknow how it feels to have a pop 1 only. I had the 53-s 64fs for along time now a pop 3. as for the 38-d and 38-s
    pcgs should grade them with full steps.I had the 38-p in 66full steps and after looking at it I really thought my 38-s 67 had full steps also but never sent it in. and have had several 38-d anacs five steps.
    LOOKING FOR FULL STEP JEFFERSON NICKELS PCGS OR NGC