Home Precious Metals
Options

When is the buy op? Now?

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
Is silver $31 a good dip to buy. I think so, and will see if tomorrow holds. Will check on the gold Premium too if any available.
I haven't bought since it went up.
COA

Comments

• Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
    in a year or more, we will know if today was a good buy... until then we are only speculating
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, for the long haul, anytime is good to start buying.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    for as long as i can remember the time to buy phyzz for long term accumulation has been at or under the 200 dma...
    u can take that to da bank and is worth more value/wealth/money that any1 has paid or ever will pay some guru to tell u otherwise...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    I think we'll see $28.xx before it springs back up. That being said, now isn't a bad time, especially if you can find deals from people who are getting spooked re: these recent down days. I have a nice little image to share on Friday image
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I will be buying large quantitiy I need to see upward strength first. Currently seeing lower lows and lower highs. To me it's worth the extra cost to know there is upward strength.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    opps
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Since I will be buying large quantitiy I need to see upward strength first. Currently seeing lower lows and lower highs. To me it's worth the extra cost to know there is upward strength. >>

You sound like a chart watcher. image What happened to fundamentals?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derry is cracking, ha!

My sights are on the yellow, if/when the contract extension pops and I'm looking at doing my biggest pickup.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Since I will be buying large quantitiy I need to see upward strength first. Currently seeing lower lows and lower highs. To me it's worth the extra cost to know there is upward strength. >>

You sound like a chart watcher. image What happened to fundamentals? >>

Price watcher. Only a coincidence they show up on charts. image

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Not bragging by any means, I'd rather be wrong, trust me. But I said this 3 months ago
    I was fooled for a short time thinking it was coming back on an upward run, but my first instinct was right...as it usually is with all of us I suspect.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    OK, I'll play as well: "Silver will go up, then it will go down, then it will go up. . ."

And yes, it will break $35, just not today. That's why I'm in DSLV at the moment.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not bragging by any means, I'd rather be wrong, trust me. But I said this 3 months ago
    I was fooled for a short time thinking it was coming back on an upward run, but my first instinct was right...as it usually is with all of us I suspect. >>

It always dips in December. Throw in the cliff hoo-ha and folks are taking extra money/profits before Jan 1. I expect more drop before the year is done.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of charts, today looks like actual selling activity for the first time in a very long time. What's the volume look like, I wonder?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    It always dips in December

Post was from Sept. 19. But anyway...
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very nice Xmas present for us allimage
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look out below.

$29.74 as I write looks tempting. But wait, maybe lower tomorrow.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    My large purchase last night stings only a little bit, since the deal I got was great at the time.

I think we'll very briefly see $28.xx fairly soon, followed by a $2 or more uptick
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections